It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

It does make me think if we are after Wharton why didn’t we just sign him from Blackburn? Maybe we need to up our scouting and spot talent earlier

This question gets asked about pretty much every transfer we make every year.

Why does it matter if we're scouting him now or if we scouted him when he was fresh out the womb?

The reality is that if he joined us from Blackburn then he'd almost certainly be loaned out or sold by us already and trying to make a name for himself at his next club.

This question gets asked about pretty much every transfer we make every year.

Why does it matter if we're scouting him now or if we scouted him when he was fresh out the womb?

The reality is that if he joined us from Blackburn then he'd almost certainly be loaned out or sold by us already and trying to make a name for himself at his next club.

Exactly! It would be the whole Patrick Roberts situation again? He just looks different though Wharton doesn’t he? Like he could make it at a big club and play in the team? Pep will love how he received the ball, is comfortable is tight spaces etc?

Exactly! It would be the whole Patrick Roberts situation again? He just looks different though Wharton doesn’t he? Like he could make it at a big club and play in the team? Pep will love how he received the ball, is comfortable is tight spaces etc?

The England team is crying out for him. He looks to have all the attributes we would want from a midfielder.

The England team is crying out for him. He looks to have all the attributes we would want from a midfielder.

Agreed mate. Didn’t Southgate even say himself that England hadn’t had a player like Wharton if many years but doesn’t play him? Southgate is being led by the media to play Mainoo though isn’t he? I want Bruno G but if it’s Wharton , I definitely wouldn’t be upset by it!

Would Real Madrid sign Mainoo? Would they sign Wharton?
The answer is No to both questions.
Why the hell should we?
Real forums full of (maybe!!!): "Would Manchester City sign Joselu? The answer is no.
Why should we?"

I know it's not exactly the same, but you can see what I'm getting at.
Teams sign players who become stars. I wouldn't have touched Joselu, even on loan, yet he played an important role for them.
Rudiger???? He's average but works for them.
We got laughed at for signing KDB, Davveeed was too small. Aguero/Gundo were injury prone, Yaya was a bit part player at Barca and don't even get me started on Akanji. Everyone of these plays would have played for Real.

Real forums full of (maybe!!!): "Would Manchester City sign Joselu? The answer is no.
Why should we?"

I know it's not exactly the same, but you can see what I'm getting at.
Teams sign players who become stars. I wouldn't have touched Joselu, even on loan, yet he played an important role for them.
Rudiger???? He's average but works for them.
We got laughed at for signing KDB, Davveeed was too small. Aguero/Gundo were injury prone, Yaya was a bit part player at Barca and don't even get me started on Akanji. Everyone of these plays would have played for Real.

Pep and Txiki will also look at what the best manager in the world can do with the player in our system? Constantly in the euros everyone says the city players look shite when not playing in our team, well shock horror, City would batter probably every nation at the euros! (If we had our players obviously ;-) )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.