It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Wharton looks a tidy player to me with bags of potential.
It’s very rare that a 20 year old stands out as a 6. Of course there are questions as to whether he will fulfil his potential, or where his ceiling is, but for a player to be as tactically astute so young, with the ability to pass progressively through the lines makes him a bit of a unicorn.

Strange that Wharton got a call up to the national side, when Southgate could have drawn on the experience of James McAtee.

You don’t understand the 6 role, it seems.
Crystal Palace connections. He is hardly a special talent. None of the bigger clubs went for him last summer never mind in January.

It’s not just the palace form though, it was his form at Blackburn as well. Sometimes very talented young players stand out and it’s obvious they will go far in the game - foden and palmer being two obvious ones. I think Wharton is one of them.

There’s obviously not many games to base that on, but he is 19 isn’t he? We would be signing potential, not a ready made player
I don't disagree that he's a talented 20 year old with potential. But people are describing him as though he's elite and we should be spending £70m on him.

He's played 44 Championship matches and 16 in the PL.

I'd like to see a lot more before committing that cash. As I say, Perrone is just as good from what I've seen so far.

See what he is like after a full season in the big league.
That was going to be our intention however if we are serious about him and it's true about others trying to gazump us then I can see a purchase and loan. He plays as a DM does he not so saying he's not as good as the best in the world seems a little disingenuous does it not? Why compare him to McAtee? Why not Haaland or Ederson?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.