It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

That was going to be our intention however if we are serious about him and it's true about others trying to gazump us then I can see a purchase and loan. He plays as a DM does he not so saying he's not as good as the best in the world seems a little disingenuous does it not? Why compare him to McAtee? Why not Haaland or Ederson?
Its not disengeous. Expecting a player who has had only handful of games to make the step up is. I'll leave it there as a few are baiting me on this.

Transformed is stretching it. That was down to Glasner. Cannot rely on Wharton to cover for Rodri.
Yes the manager put the wheels in motion but without Wharton they don't have the engine that ties it all together. Rodri is that for City. Also city are never gonna sign a player who can actually fully cover for rodri but Wharton absolutely can against weaker teams and also play alongside and learn and grow beside him.

Sometimes you just come across a special talent and if those at the club think Wharton is one I hope we sign him. I know some signings in recent years haven’t worked out but it’s not many and Phillips on paper should have been more successful than he was.

Also we paid 42m? For Phillips it will show a lot about him if the club are serious about 70m.

The way city work which is why we are the very best is we constantly are identifying new talent and scouting them. We always know what’s happening with other clubs and players so this might be something of nothing as well and we are just evaluating the transfer.

No I am not. He may not be mediocre to you but he is to me. It was sheer folly in including him in the England set up and if he was at Blackburn he wouldn't have got a mention. 10 games in the Premier League isn't the yard stick. He is certainly not better than we current have. I am certain a few championing his inclusion are trolling.

That makes literally zero sense. 10 games isn't the yardstick yet you are sticking by him being mediocre...based on what? His 10 games? His England cameo? 'If he was still at Blackburn he wouldn't get a mention' - he's not though, he was bought by Palace and has impressed in his time in the PL. McAtee definitely doesn't do close to the same role.

He's not the second coming of christ, would be a huge fee and would take a lot of adaptation to being in a Pep team - but he's far from mediocre.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.