It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Men now coming out with its not clear how many we will bring in and rodri cover not moved.

Men now coming out with its not clear how many we will bring in and rodri cover not moved.
I am surprised at the lack of a Rodri cover. It's a position we need badly, as Rodri can't keep playing the minutes he has done the past 2 seasons.

I am surprised at the lack of a Rodri cover. It's a position we need badly, as Rodri can't keep playing the minutes he has done the past 2 seasons.

We did the same with Fernandinho , he had to play every game and we made do with Gundo as a six when he needed rest, we really only bought a 6 when he needed replacing that’s when we bought Rodri.

I think that’s what the club are thinking of doing again the problem is that the cover is injury prone in Kova, also the cover isn’t good enough. We played 12 games without Rodri last season won 6 and lost 6.

But in the prem we lost all 3 games he was not available. With Kovacic as a lone 6 we couldn’t deal with counter attacks.

There's no DM in the market availaible that is close to Rodri ability, so why bother?

Do we just bring cover for the sake getting it, it will be another Phillips situations all over again.

There's no DM in the market availaible that is close to Rodri ability, so why bother?

Do we just bring cover for the sake getting it, it will be another Phillips situations all over again.
I don't think he needs to be Rodri level but someone to take over in some of the dross games so he gets some rests in the season. Nothing like Phillips, he was a poor buy and that was clear to a lot of people.

Sign a young DM let him learn the position as well as being a back up. Rodri is 29 next year get a young DM let him learn , then have him takeover when the time comes. Someone like Wharton etc

You have your back up and succession plan done.

I don't think he needs to be Rodri level

This line is why we shouldn't bother at all.

You can say anything you want but at the end of the day if new DM signing is not hitting the ground in their first season and not even close to Rodri level. Why bother to buy at all, i guarantee you these new player will get slagged off yet again by the fans and question will be ask of why we buy this player in the first place if they aren't good enough?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.