It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

If I remember correctly, Rodri got slagged off like no other from members here when he first joined us. There was a relatively large contingent that wanted him on the next plane home. I'm sure some offered to drive or carry him in their backs.

This line is why we shouldn't bother at all.

You can say anything you want but at the end of the day if new DM signing is not hitting the ground in their first season and not even close to Rodri level. Why bother to buy at all, i guarantee you these new player will get slagged off yet again by the fans and question will be ask of why we buy this player in the first place if they aren't good enough?
Rodri wasn't pulling up the trees in his first and second season. Rodri was GARBAGE! He was so frustrating to watch. Rodri was just TRASH. Pep really cooked that boy into perfection and the boy had a good head on his shoulders to learn. Besides Rodri has an academic background, so his head was wired to learn and improve because he was hungry and eager to learn and improve. Unfortunately some footballers are thick as f***, no matter how hard you try with them and Rodri isn't one of them.

Look at Busquets for example, he was a trash, weak and slow defender, that Pep converted into a world class DM. Pep saw that besides those weaknesses, Busquets could with ease escape pressure. Pep wants intelligent and technical Midfielders. Pep midfielders, dictate games and can soak up and escape pressure and induce pressure themselves. Pep sees football in ways we can not fathom, he knows what he wants in a player and how to extract it, because he has his brand of football that he has engineered and applies.

Based on what? Oh your opinion. When did you first post about how good Costa was? After his pens against Slovenia. And now he’s better than someone who’s been in our side for years. Of course he is
Where did I say he was better? I said some may rate him over Eddy which is true. Eddy is not way better, simple as. Both top class keepers. If Eddy were to leave we'd be lucky as fuck to get a keeper like Costa in. I'm not going to argue over this with you. If you want to believe Eddy is way better knock yourself out...

Rodri wasn't pulling up the trees in his first and second season. Rodri was GARBAGE! He was so frustrating to watch. Rodri was just TRASH. Pep really cooked that boy into perfection and the boy had a good head on his shoulders to learn. Besides Rodri has an academic background, so his head was wired to learn and improve because he was hungry and eager to learn and improve. Unfortunately some footballers are thick as f***, no matter how hard you try with them and Rodri isn't one of them.

Look at Busquets for example, he was a trash, weak and slow defender, that Pep converted into a world class DM. Pep saw that besides those weaknesses, Busquets could with ease escape pressure. Pep wants intelligent and technical Midfielders. Pep midfielders, dictate games and can soak up and escape pressure and induce pressure themselves. Pep sees football in ways we can not fathom, he knows what he wants in a player and how to extract it, because he has his brand of football that he has engineered and applies.
Rodri was never garbage nor trash...this place has gone mad...

Rodri was never garbage nor trash...this place has gone mad...
To you he was not,to me, he was. Perhaps because it was his learning phase into the most intensive position for a Pep Team and also I might had high expectations. To hit the ground running, which is unfair. He frustrated me all the time in first season. At the end of the day, we all have our views, they are not meant to be the same, if they are, kudos that we see eye to eye, but if they aren't, then it is what it is, we march on Jewel.

. You can even see it in youth football. Some kids have physical talent but zero football smarts, or smarts in general. They can be coached for ages and not get to a higher level.

To you he was not,to me, he was. Perhaps because it was his learning phase into the most intensive position for a Pep Team and also I might had high expectations. To hit the ground running, which is unfair. He frustrated me all the time in first season. At the end of the day, we all have our views, they are not meant to be the same, if they are, kudos that we see eye to eye, but if they aren't, then it is what it is, we march on Jewel.
He may not have hit the ground running but for me garbage and trash are some very harsh descriptors : )

He may not have hit the ground running but for me garbage and trash are some very harsh descriptors : )

That's why I've not soured on Nunes.

If Pep can teach Fabien Delph, Zinny, Phil Foden, McAtee, Ake, Laporte, Gvardiol to play left back..Why can't he teach Nunes to play right back?

If anything he's as fast as Walker with a much better passing ability!

In fact if anyone has any clout.. tell Pep.. that's his new challenge during his next contract extension!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.