It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I think if £60m comes in from Atletico or £80m from Chelsea for Alvarez he leaves. He will push for the move as well.

The frustrating scenario with Kev and Ederson is because of their age and in Kev's scenario his lack of years on his contract, we are going to struggle to raise anything more than £80m-£100m for the pair of them. If that.

It will cost closer to £200m to replace them and nobody is on the market to do that this summer.
Probably won't sell to Chelsea this time around.

Same with Ederson any interested club still has to match our valutation or find alternatives. They should try their luck next summer.
100%

I’m just saying it’s definitely far from certain that KDB will be at city next season
The fact that giving him a new contract isn’t a priority for City suggests we are also planning for the next couple years

Come on mate, this is a tiresome argument at this point but nobody is in a position to tell someone else how much money they should have.

Don't think he was telling anyone anything, and it is a perfectly valid stance. You can be surprised by people refusing to play on Saudi, and you can be surprised by people choosing to play in Saudi. Both are ok.

No real indication he is off. Besides that we have to find a replacement which won't happen this season and on top of that and any Saudi club that are interested still haas to match our valuation and not low bid for Kev.
No reason we couldn’t replace him this summer. Wouldn’t surprise me even if he stays we see him used more sparingly this season with Foden playing much more in the 10 role. Suppose what I’m saying is whether this summer or next the KDB replacement probably won’t need be an automatic starter,Foden will be that.

No reason we couldn’t replace him this summer. Wouldn’t surprise me even if he stays we see him used more sparingly this season with Foden playing much more in the 10 role. Suppose what I’m saying is whether this summer or next the KDB replacement probably won’t need be an automatic starter,Foden will be that.
The quality is not available to really replace Kev this summer and the better option is to keep him for one more season.

100%

I’m just saying it’s definitely far from certain that KDB will be at city next season
The fact that giving him a new contract isn’t a priority for City suggests we are also planning for the next couple years
Agree. In watching how we roll in the SM era I find it difficult to believe we'd be relying to any great degree on a 34 year old going into 25-26. Especially one with growing injury concerns, even someone as great as KDB. For me it's down to getting 50 to 60 mil now or getting 0 next Summer. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what happens between now and the close of the window...

The quality is not available to really replace Kev this summer and the better option is to keep him for one more season.
Depends what we want, up until now Kev has played that 10 pushing Foden out wide or on the bench. Unless you think we’d replace Kev with somebody pushing Phil out again we will look for something different. I don’t think Wirtz or anyone else are better option than Phil as a 10.
Think the best KDB replacement is a player than can rotate with Phil who will be our real Kev replacement,play wide sometimes, maybe even play as an 8.

A midfield of Rodri, Bruno G., Foden, Kovacic, Bernardo, Nunez, possibly Grealish and Bobb plus maybe an Olmo would have more than enough quality...JMO

A midfield of Rodri, Bruno G., Foden, Kovacic, Bernardo, Nunez, possibly Grealish and Bobb plus maybe an Olmo would have more than enough quality...JMO
Think Olmo or similar is the sort of profile I see as a KDB replacement, more than names like Wirtz,Musiala. As you say Grealish is an intriguing one if we did try him inside.

People getting anxious over not signing Guimares or a KDB 'replacement' should he leave, maybe think back to how long the club took to sign Rodri. Who btw was then claimed to be a backup for Dinho, who was the lynch-pin playing constantly.

Didn't go for Fred in the end, didn't get anyone when they missed out on Jorginho, waited till the right player i.e Rodri was available and signed him. Same with Ruben. Or the Aguero replacement. The club have shown they would rather wait and get key players right, then rush getting someone in, or overpay for someome.

We are lucky to have the flexibility and a manager that knows what to do when it comes to making do till the time is right for the right players for the long term.

Last year it was Bellingham/Rice as 'Pep's no.1 target' we just Had to sign, this year it is Guimarez. But we were fine without them and will be fine if we don't sign him either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.