It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Come on mate, this is a tiresome argument at this point but nobody is in a position to tell someone else how much money they should have.
Where did I say I was telling them? I just said I was surprised that top players want to play in a crap league just because of money?

I stand by that statement, as luckily most do not and are happy with the £200k plus a week they earn in the PL.

People getting anxious over not signing Guimares or a KDB 'replacement' should he leave, maybe think back to how long the club took to sign Rodri. Who btw was then claimed to be a backup for Dinho, who was the lynch-pin playing constantly.

Didn't go for Fred in the end, didn't get anyone when they missed out on Jorginho, waited till the right player i.e Rodri was available and signed him. Same with Ruben. Or the Aguero replacement. The club have shown they would rather wait and get key players right, then rush getting someone in, or overpay for someome.

We are lucky to have the flexibility and a manager that knows what to do when it comes to making do till the time is right for the right players for the long term.

Last year it was Bellingham/Rice as 'Pep's no.1 target' we just Had to sign, this year it is Guimarez. But we were fine without them and will be fine if we don't sign him either.
There’s no place for common sense in a thread that is fuelled by overwrought clamour. Have a word with yourself.

Where did I say I was telling them? I just said I was surprised that top players want to play in a crap league just because of money?

I stand by that statement, as luckily most do not and are happy with the £200k plus a week they earn in the PL.
You said "How much money does a millionaire footballer need?", to me that is trying to telling someone they can't go and earn more money but lets move on from that part.

Its not a case of the rest of the players being happy with what they earn, 99.9% of them aren't being given offers like what Ederson apparently has on the table. So far it seems that everyone they have come after they have got.

People getting anxious over not signing Guimares or a KDB 'replacement' should he leave, maybe think back to how long the club took to sign Rodri. Who btw was then claimed to be a backup for Dinho, who was the lynch-pin playing constantly.

Didn't go for Fred in the end, didn't get anyone when they missed out on Jorginho, waited till the right player i.e Rodri was available and signed him. Same with Ruben. Or the Aguero replacement. The club have shown they would rather wait and get key players right, then rush getting someone in, or overpay for someome.

We are lucky to have the flexibility and a manager that knows what to do when it comes to making do till the time is right for the right players for the long term.

Last year it was Bellingham/Rice as 'Pep's no.1 target' we just Had to sign, this year it is Guimarez. But we were fine without them and will be fine if we don't sign him either.
Agreed but a fail to see why we signed Nunes, looked like a panic buy to me

You said "How much money does a millionaire footballer need?", to me that is trying to telling someone they can't go and earn more money but lets move on from that part.

Its not a case of the rest of the players being happy with what they earn, 99.9% of them aren't being given offers like what Ederson apparently has on the table. So far it seems that everyone they have come after they have got.

They didn't get Cancelo. He had great offers as did the club, he fancied playing in Barcelona though. Seemingly still does this year. They reportedly went after Bernardo, he signed an extension. They didn't get Salah. Or Mbappe, they reportedly offered insane money to both. Henderson tried it and decided it wasn't for him.

Players will be tempted by the money, fine, it is understandable. Or to some, it is not. Players will turn down big money to play where they want to. It is understandable too, and to some it might not be.

Agreed but a fail to see why we signed Nunes, looked like a panic buy to me

Think time will tell. The club did try sign him before he went to wolves, remember. So it wasn't that much of a panic buy, more getting a player in they had longer term interest in. Some called Ruben a panic buy, if you remember. He may yet have a part to play, let's see.

Last edited:
Think time will tell. The club did try sign him before he went to wolves, remember. So it wasn't that much of a panic buy, more getting a player in they had linger term interest in. Some called Ruben a panic buy, if you remember. He may yet have a part to play, let's see.
Sorry mate but he was panic buy
No getting away from it - plan D after Bellingham, Rice and Paqueta. We went on a right merry go round with midfielders last year and ended up with Nunes
We needed a midfielder

No getting away from it - plan D after Bellingham, Rice and Paqueta. We went on a right merry go round with midfielders last year and ended up with Nunes
We needed a midfielder

You could say that for most players. Debruyne, panic buy after isco bale hazard. Ruben, panic buy after koulibaly kounde. Rodri, panic buy after fred jorginho. Haaland, panic buy after darwin nunez and harry kane. Mahrez, panic buy after sanchez. Ultimately, the club bought a player they scouted before, that has value due to his age and potential. Let's see what comes of that.

We needed a midfielder
So its not a panic buy at all is it. He was the fourth option on the list.

The club have been monitoring him for several seasons so he wasn't some unknown player that we took a gamble on.

It's fine if we don't end up with Bruno G, it's not fine however if we don't end up with an adequate backup for Rodri which most people see Bruno G as. They're conflating the 2, if we don't get Bruno G they seem to think we won't get a back up at all.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.