It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Selling Kev would be mental, even for £100m. He’s the difference between winning the prem and champions league. Can’t afford to lose that quality without replacing him. His output last season was world class, played less than half a season and nearly finished with the most assists in Europe.
Nobody is disputing what he can do in the short term. But there has to come a point where £100m is actually insanely good money for someone his age.

People struggle to remember this sometimes but we have to comply with FFP, the same as everyone else, and getting this money for someone with a near zero value on our books would be crazy.

£100m versus getting £0m for him… our next manager will find it easier to transition into that post-Pep era if our club’s bottom line is incredible. Lose KDB on a free and we’re potentially having to cut corners in other positions to replace him. Sell him for £100m just as he could be about to fall off a cliff and we can make whatever move we want, across several positions.

KDB is going to wane, whether we sell him or not. It’s only a downgrade for maybe 1 year, after which point he wouldn’t be contributing much himself anyway. I can put up with being in a worse position for 1 year to be in a better position in 2 years. We can’t only make decisions that work for next season, it has to be more long term than that to maintain this era of success for as long as possible.

I love him but the deal would be too good to pass on imo. There is a price where it just makes too much business sense and personally I think £100m is past that threshold.

We’ve been very good at losing players when the time is right (gundog aside). Compare that to other teams like Liverpool or even United who held onto fan favourites for a little bit too long

Selling Kev would be mental, even for £100m. He’s the difference between winning the prem and champions league. Can’t afford to lose that quality without replacing him. His output last season was world class, played less than half a season and nearly finished with the most assists in Europe.
I'd keep him for another season, we just need to use him wisely and not flog him. Twelve months from now there's much more chance of a Musiala or a Wirtz becoming available as a replacement as well.

He may well be fading but he doesn’t need to play every week,we have enough players to rest him regularly. We won’t get a big fee for him better to get one more season from him.
Maybe you're right. I guess it all depends on how much we are offered.

Nobody is disputing what he can do in the short term. But there has to come a point where £100m is actually insanely good money for someone his age.

People struggle to remember this sometimes but we have to comply with FFP, the same as everyone else, and getting this money for someone with a near zero value on our books would be crazy.

£100m versus getting £0m for him… our next manager will find it easier to transition into that post-Pep era if our club’s bottom line is incredible. Lose KDB on a free and we’re potentially having to cut corners in other positions to replace him. Sell him for £100m just as he could be about to fall off a cliff and we can make whatever move we want, across several positions.

KDB is going to wane, whether we sell him or not. It’s only a downgrade for maybe 1 year, after which point he wouldn’t be contributing much himself anyway. I can put up with being in a worse position for 1 year to be in a better position in 2 years. We can’t only make decisions that work for next season, it has to be more long term than that to maintain this era of success for as long as possible.

I love him but the deal would be too good to pass on imo. There is a price where it just makes too much business sense and personally I think £100m is past that threshold.

What about all that but at 50m?

It’s a big call… sell him now and possibly have £100m towards replacing him or keep him for a year and probably lose him for nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.