It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

If Kev has his heart set on the move, then the club will facilitate it.

We have no idea what his fitness or performances will be next year, even more so if hes pissed off that City have just cost him 100m in wages. It is entirely plausible he drifts through the year, walks on a free and we have shot ourselves in the foot completely.

I am not arsed if its 10m or 100m really, I am not an accountant and trust the club to do whatever is best anyway.

Where has all this talk of 100m for Kev come from? Someone on bluemoon doing a bit of whataboutery? If Saudi were offering anything remotely close to that he'd be gone already.
They'll low-ball us on Kev just like they have been doing with Ederson. I'd be surprised if they're offering anywhere over 50m for him.

Selling Kev would be mental, even for £100m. He’s the difference between winning the prem and champions league. Can’t afford to lose that quality without replacing him. His output last season was world class, played less than half a season and nearly finished with the most assists in Europe.
I agree with that but if he really wanted to go, you'd certainly have to think about taking that sort of money imo, but then what?

I would hope the club already has a plan a to replace him anyway...i just didn't think it may be this year. He could only be replaced a top quality player so that's a problem, unless they drop silly money to get either Wirtz or Musiala.

I just don't think he's ready to leave yet though, especially as we've still got a superb team with a great chance of winning every competition.
5 in a row has to be a great incentive to this squad and it's well doable!

If Kev has his heart set on the move, then the club will facilitate it.

We have no idea what his fitness or performances will be next year, even more so if hes pissed off that City have just cost him 100m in wages. It is entirely plausible he drifts through the year, walks on a free and we have shot ourselves in the foot completely.

I am not arsed if its 10m or 100m really, I am not an accountant and trust the club to do whatever is best anyway.
Really can't fathom why any city fan would take the money for kev.With him we win the prem and we don't need the money.I would rather keep him and win the prem for me it is a no Brainer.

Really can't fathom why any city fan would take the money for kev.With him we win the prem and we don't need the money.I would rather keep him and win the prem for me it is a no Brainer.
Because hes probably worth next to nothing next year.
Why do you think we'd toss away £50m.
You said we don't need the money but I can't see our finance guys thinking that way.
Its definitely not a no brainer

Manchester City are looking at making a move for Crystal Palace winger Eberechi Eze, with the 26-year-old England international having a release clause of £60m plus add-ons. (Mirror), external

Saudi Arabian club Al-Ittihad want 33-year-old Belgium playmaker Kevin de Bruyne, which has led to Manchester City weighing up a move for Eze. (Guardian), external

Manchester City are interested in Paris St-Germain and Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma, 25, as they look to replace 30-year-old Brazil international Ederson, who could move to Al-Ittihad. (Sky Sports Italy), external

Ederson will cost at least £40m if Al-Ittihad want to sign him from Manchester City, who are willing to let the keeper leave as long as their valuation is met

Because hes probably worth next to nothing next year.
Why do you think we'd toss away £50m.
You said we don't need the money but I can't see our finance guys thinking that.
if we win the prem the 50mill would be covered but if we finish 3rd or 4th then that revenue lost would equate to more of a financial hit so it is flawed logic!.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.