It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

That’s quite a statement - Nunes and Bernardo in the same sentence. Honestly replacing Bernardo with Nunes would be quite some drop off. Did you watch Nunes last season at home when he came on against Luton - I honestly think I could have done better - in my shoes and coat! Absolutely bloody awful.
I’m not suggesting replacing at all just would have more chances. I do think if given the chance he’ll be a great player here.

I genuinely get your point but it’s overly simplistic.
Agreed. I feel like it’s been pretty clear, when there is someone we truly want we go after them and stick with it (Josko). Rather than look at this window as being complacent, I’m seeing it more as “the perfect player for us” isn’t available (either skill or availability or cost wise). It doesn’t feel like there are any targets we as a group are aligned on 100% - perhaps Txiki and crew are the same - and having learned from some previous “mistakes” are hesitant to settle.

Like others, I’d love to see some help from Rodri but I’ll leave it to club to determine if it’s best to pull someone in now that may not be exactly what we want or wait a year, saving that $, for a better fit (physically, strategically, mentally, cost wise etc). There are very few things this club has done recently that make me feel they are not in it to win it, every time.

I think it would be someone else now
I hope we are looking at other options if they aren’t going to work out. I think we are ready to go into the season with Kovacic, Nunes and Lewis all as cover unless the right player/deal comes up.

Which might be Kimmich if Pep commits

despite the trophies we have won it annoys me we only have Phil as a first team starter. Arsenal and Liverpool seem to have brought more in and are not too far away from competing.
Palace and the Rags put their faith in youth to good affect.
Maybe letting Cole Palmer slip through the net has annoyed the owners.
Let’s get Rico and Ocar bedded in and bring the next batch through.
We must have a youth keeper to step up. It’s not like we have only just started playing out from the back.
I’d settle for a dry season if we bed in a couple more youths
Arsenal, won fuck all. Realistically, 1 decent youth player in Saka?
Dippers, won fuck all. Realistically, 1 decent youth player in Alexander-Arnold?
Palace, won fuck all. What youth talents are we talking about here?
Rags, won an FA cup and there worst season in the last 100 years just last season.

Jury is still out on Palmer, he was banging in goals at a mid table team, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.

The clubs are not accepting a dry season to play youngsters, that is a ridiculous proposition.

There are some interesting quotes from McAtee about not caring much about minutes and just wanting to play for City. I rate him higher than most and think he's good enough to come off the bench for us, but getting experience is far more critical for him right now. It's a shame we can't loan players to Girona currently because I think that'd have been an excellent move for him.

There are some interesting quotes from McAtee about not caring much about minutes and just wanting to play for City. I rate him higher than most and think he's good enough to come off the bench for us, but getting experience is far more critical for him right now. It's a shame we can't loan players to Girona currently because I think that'd have been an excellent move for him.
I’m still not sure he’s good enough

Encouraging to hear. Hope he doesn't take Palmer's route by having a good pre-season then we sell him. Did watch him a couple of times for the EDS & like a couple of posters here it was obvious he was leaps & bounds ahead of everyone else. Certainly reminded me of David Silva at times, but its one thing doing it at EDS level & another performing in the first team in the Premiership.

Similar to Palmer characteristically being on the quiet side, I've also always thought McAtee is on the slight frame side of things & will he get easily shoved off the ball no matter how silky his skills are. He has age on his side to build up & time will tell if he grabs the relatively few opportunities he will currently get with the first team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.