It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Because Lewis is not twice as good as Mainoo.
Do you think he is.
Mainoo played OK in the euros and has been one of the better rags players, even though he is young.

Dunno about twice as good, but I think that Lewis is better too.

No idea how.good Mainoo is. He might be really good, but he hasn't played in any kind of proper system that seems him get more than about 40 touches per match. He's not shown any kind of control of matches, though he has got decent footwork.

Lewis has shown he can play in the best side in the country. Levels.

Dunno about twice as good, but I think that Lewis is better too.

No idea how.good Mainoo is. He might be really good, but he hasn't played in any kind of proper system that seems him get more than about 40 touches per match. He's not shown any kind of control of matches, though he has got decent footwork.

Lewis has shown he can play in the best side in the country. Levels.
Plus Mainoo has been a contributing factor in them losing so many matches. Defensively he is piss poor. Lewis understands both defence and attack when he plays for us.

There aren't many games we can make a call on when we play without Rodri. Wolves, Arsenal, Villa. Other injury issues had an impact on how we lined up in those so I don't put too much on the whole "we can't win without Rodri" statement. The Luton game was more reflective because we had a fully fit squad near enough. I also don't judge players on the odd game because combinations and time in the squad and under Pep make a huge difference as we've seen with plenty of players in his time. Phillips isn't worth mentioning, he's not replacing anyone sadly and will be gone as soon as we can get rid.

There's also the fact that all this panic over Rodri is potentially unnecessary. He missed games because he was suspended. Otherwise he's been fit and available. So the rest is all hypothetical. He needs resting, but there are opportunities to do it. Ideally not away from home and ideally not against sides at the top of the table. But certainly even bringing him off after 60 minutes or so would help.
I dont agree we cant win without rodri either.....its just plain stupid....

But he is integral to how we play in the big games.....we risk him being injured for those if we dont have someone to come in and replace him at times...Rodri has said himself he has played too much - when a player like him is saying this the club needs to listen...we are risking serious injury to him otherwise.

If Pep had felt comfortable resting him he would have - the fact that he rareily if every did this shows you also that we need someone else

We also need a KDB replacement in my view.....this should be KDB last season...he struggled in big games last year at times.....

Blue tone posted the City Squad - Jesus talk about being repetitive when it comes to players going nobody is saying we want 5 6 7 - We Just Rodri help

Blue tone posted the City Squad - Jesus talk about being repetitive when it comes to players going nobody is saying we want 5 6 7 - We Just Rodri help
Blue Tone is an absolute bull shitter who lives in Southampton,he just collates other peoples comments & re posts them, he makes comments on Matchdays re the early team news leaks such as ‘Haaland starts’ No shit Sherlock.

Yes I do..
Think Pep said it best himself as if he was just a bit taller he would be getting the PR mainoo is. He would be starting in number 8 for us and be up there for one of the best young players in the league.

Blue Tone is an absolute bull shitter who lives in Southampton,he just collates other peoples comments & re posts them, he makes comments on Matchdays re the early team news leaks such as ‘Haaland starts’ No shit Sherlock.
Just frustrating when he has said for about the 100th time players have got to go before signings. People understand that but when he tweets it every day same old " no contact " yawn

I dont agree we cant win without rodri either.....its just plain stupid....

But he is integral to how we play in the big games.....we risk him being injured for those if we dont have someone to come in and replace him at times...Rodri has said himself he has played too much - when a player like him is saying this the club needs to listen...we are risking serious injury to him otherwise.

If Pep had felt comfortable resting him he would have - the fact that he rareily if every did this shows you also that we need someone else

We also need a KDB replacement in my view.....this should be KDB last season...he struggled in big games last year at times.....
There is no player on Earth that is going to sit on the bench whilst having enough ability and trust from Pep to rotate with Rodri, if there was when we would have signed them.

Pep needs to hear Rodri's call himself and work out an alternative option. I am sorry but we don't need to run Rodri into the ground playing 90+ in every single game whilst we have several players sat on the bench who don't even see the pitch. I love Pep but he has a real blindspot over this and can definitely sometimes show a little faith.

KDB replacement is off the table till next summer at least where we potentially have Wirtz and Musiala as an option.

Think some people think he is in a DM Group but guess like you said he gets it from comments he see's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.