It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Yes we could buy without any sales but that would leave us in a terrible position when it comes to offloading players and is just awful business practice, we're the best run club on the planet, we're not going to be doing that, thats a glazer move. As you say, We're going to take a hit on those players as is, We're not going to put ourselves in an even worse bargaining position.

I only said we have to act as though we're keeping them, until they're gone, not that we are going to end the window with them in the squad. There's what, 5 weeks? of the window remaining, there's plenty of time yet, just look around, there's been practically no business done as of yet in the league aside from villa who are side stepping PSR problems, dippers haven't signed anybody, arsenals only signing is the obligation to turn Raya's loan into a permanent signing, spurs haven't signed anybody.

This is purely guesswork here and I may be proved wrong but I imagine they'll be no movement in or out whilst we are on tour. only after the tour ends and most of the squad are together will the futures of the peripheral players be sorted and then we will be in a position to do business.

It's not awful business practice - that would be putting yourself in a situation of neglecting a position of need, ostensibly for the sake of 2 players, who won't be part of the manager's plans, and to make minimal savings.

What other clubs are doing isn't relevant but even then you have missed Archie Gray (£40m) and Arsenal pretty much all but confirmed the signing of Califiori.

Wharton is a strange one, 54m could be a bargain this summer, if he stays at Palace and has another good season he will be worth 70-80m maybe more.

But he is a risk taking him this season, was his form last year genuine of a flash in the pan?
Wharton and Musiala summer 2025
We will be there

It's not awful business practice - that would be putting yourself in a situation of neglecting a position of need, ostensibly for the sake of 2 players, who won't be part of the manager's plans, and to make minimal savings.

What other clubs are doing isn't relevant but even then you have missed Archie Gray (£40m) and Arsenal pretty much all but confirmed the signing of Califiori.
It is. Backing yourself into a corner whereby you've got two players you paid over £90 million for and you can't even register them puts you in a position where you've got zero bargaining power, and you have to take whatever pitiful offer is thrown your way, theres not a chance we recoup anything for them if that happens and its 2 heavily subsidised loans as the only option.

Who said we are neglecting a position? Who is to say we haven't got somebody lined up and we just need to sort a few other things out first before we can finalise it? Most top players arent even off their holidays yet.

Omitting Spurs signing an 18 year old doesn't impact the wider point that there's very little business being done across the league, including ourselves and our rivals as of yet.

Without doubt that was part of it, hence why the club wanted him to go to Leicester last season and not Sheffield.

But he also had a certain self confidence that was greater than reality that did him no favours.
I didn't know about that.

It is. Backing yourself into a corner whereby you've got two players you paid over £90 million for and you can't even register them puts you in a position where you've got zero bargaining power, and you have to take whatever pitiful offer is thrown your way, theres not a chance we recoup anything for them if that happens and its 2 heavily subsidised loans as the only option.

Who said we are neglecting a position? Who is to say we haven't got somebody lined up and we just need to sort a few other things out first before we can finalise it? Most top players arent even off their holidays yet.

Omitting Spurs signing an 18 year old doesn't impact the wider point that there's very little business being done across the league, including ourselves and our rivals as of yet.
Ah, so it's not neglecting a position that has been needed since it was clear Phillips wasn't suitable, due to assumptions you are making that something could be lined up? Based on what?

Like I said, what other clubs are doing is irrelevant, I mentioned it as it's an oversight, alongside Villa's purchase of Onana, Califiori to Arsenal, United spending £90m on young players etc. It doesn't matter to City's plans and actions.

I don't honestly see what bargaining power you are imagining here for players that, as you have stated, we want to sell as they aren't part of Pep's plans? Cancelo was literally told to leave as he wouldn't play (effectively the same as not registering him) and went to Bayern in a day or two. They are both, effectively, unwanted assets and their future, regardless of sale or loan shouldn't be the deciding factor in getting a 6/8 in. They both have agents, who should, and will, be working on deals as they aren't part of City's plans. It's a choice, not a necessity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.