It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Pep likes to work with a small squad.

He’s pretty much said Bobb, McAtee and O’Reilly will join Lewis as first team regulars. Add in Savinho as well and They will be taking up minutes that Gomez, Phillips and Alvarez had.

Also we have Doku and Grealish to take up more minutes. Maybe even Nunes too. I see us playing with a false 9 more this season when Erling is out/rested.

I reckon Perrone might also be kept as an option especially if Phillips does go.

Don’t think we’ll see anything else happening coming in.

He’s pretty much said Bobb, McAtee and O’Reilly will join Lewis as first team regulars. Add in Savinho as well and They will be taking up minutes that Gomez, Phillips and Alvarez had.

Also we have Doku and Grealish to take up more minutes. Maybe even Nunes too. I see us playing with a false 9 more this season when Erling is out/rested.

I reckon Perrone might also be kept as an option especially if Phillips does go.

Small squad

He will have Ortega and Phillips at this rate

These last few windows have been a rollercoaster at times with the amount of players who leave and coaches etc? The price of success I guess but we must keep reinvesting and challenging Pep to go again and again to keep his juices flowing? He did in an interview a few seasons ago he always not only looks at the players to see if they still want to push on and get better but also the owner and board?

These last few windows have been a rollercoaster at times with the amount of players who leave and coaches etc? The price of success I guess but we must keep reinvesting and challenging Pep to go again and again to keep his juices flowing? He did in an interview a few seasons ago he always not only looks at the players to see if they still want to push on and get better but also the owner and board?
that comes from the players we have, and the kids. not necessarily bought players. just the squad as a whole

The issue is that bond of those you mention are exactly proven. I love Bobb and think his potential is huge...and McAtee is a great player in the making...but neither especially McAtee are ready to be regulars...Savio is new the league...he will take time to adapt...he could be a worldie or a flop...no one knows
I agree with a lot of what your saying if a player wants to leave and we get the right money he can go.Is the glass half empty or half full the best player in the league may have an injury free season? Jack might get back to form of the treble season ? savio and bobb may come in and be worldies can phil improve? I'm expecting doku to have a better season than the last one .If only we had a goal scorer :) football bloody hell

It already is. Rodri still hasn't started his pre-season. Imagine we signed someone for that position in June. That player would be ready to go now in the Community Shield, against Chelsea, Ipswich. Most likely, we will have to throw Rodri in the deep end again.
Ex

erlk let’s just hope we don’t get an injury because if we do we are fucked . Somthing is not right thus season as we are standing still .

if we cannot bring in top level players (Wirtz, Guimaraes, Kimmich) I prefer not to do another Phillips, Nunes type of transfer, lets give our own youth players chance.
if we have a serious Rodri injury during the season which takes him for like 2-3 months, well Pep will need to be creative.

very strange window, the struggle to sell KP and Cancelo was expected I guess suitors will wait to make sure we pay their salaries in August still, I did not really expect back in May to have as much talk on KDB, Ederson and JA to leave. If anything I expected Bernardo and Walker the most likely ones to leave and yet zero rumours this summer.

We do have a lot of expectation of Haaland being more like his first season than second. Grealish to improve big time on last season which was quite shit from him. Doku and Gvardiol both can profit from the usual OK first season but great 2nd season, not so optimistic with Nunes as his game time imo wont improve much.
And then Bobb, Lewis can also be bit more important than last season. Stones hopefully also to improve form.
And Savinho of course to add some extra trickery, option out wide, no idea if left or right...

main things will be Rodri not to get injured, managing fitness and game time for KDB, and wouldnt mind if Walker is less of a crucial first 11 player and deffo give captain role to someone else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.