It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Alvarez 19 goals and 13 assist in all comps similar stats to balon dor favourite vini jr. People are seriously under rating him, that includes 5 goals in the Champions League. As a ten / striker
How is calling someone established and accomplished under rating him. Haaland scored 90 goals in all comps over the past two seasons and Ruben Dias has won 4 Prems in as many years while also being named the Prem POY. I prefer McAtee over both of them in the 10 as well...just sayin'...

Alvarez 19 goals and 13 assist in all comps similar stats to balon dor favourite vini jr. People are seriously under rating him, that includes 5 goals in the Champions League. As a ten / striker

G/A are part of measuring a player. More importantly, when did he get them? Against good or bad competition? In games that were blowouts?

Alvarez had his moments - notably against Newcastle at home and Burnley. But the last four months of the season he scored three PL goals - all when City was three goals ahead - and missed several big chances. All five of his CL goals were in the group stages - against Red Star, Leipzig and Copenhagen. Didn't do anything in knockouts. Like him as a player but just don't see him as an elite striker. City did good business. They can find a very good replacement for less than 80 million.

I've made my point multiple times already but I'll state my point for you again. Alvarez, while being an established and accomplished striker, is below average at the 10 and piss poor as an 8 or on the wing. His being shoehorned into the line up in positions other than as a 9 forced Foden out wide and had a negative ripple effect through the line up. I'd much rather the 10 is manned exclusively by Foden, KDB, Bobb, or even Grealish with McAtee, a natural in that position, serving as a backup to those players while learning from Pep than have Alvarez playing in the 10 at the expense of any of those same players and if it came down to it I think we're better off with McAtee in the 10 than Alvarez.
That's my point...
He wasn't shoehorned in anywhere. It's not his best position but he can play it and he was in because he was the best option there at the time.

kdb was injured for the entire first half of the season, foden was playing out wide because he hadn't yet fully made his mark centrally and because he was the best option out wide too especially when a raw doku picked up an injury, grealish was completely out of form and bobb hadn't become an option.

Alvarez and foden carried us for a huge chunk of the season, describing him as below average and piss poor anywhere other than upfront is as wide of the mark as a Nunez shot. Pep doesn't give a fuck about pleasing players, he plays the best team available to him and Alvarez played more than everyone.

I would maybe try for that Turkish Chappy kagdoglu (sp?)& Rodri backup , though I believe that’s a very difficult role to fill. Who is available and good enough but prepared to sit big games out? Difficult choices. Trust the club to make the right deals and at the rights time/price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.