It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

He is as a midfield player, Alvarez was a libality playing that role

I love it how the very same people, that default to 'Pep knows best' to end an arguement, are so readily implying Pep is a complete moron.

What, he played Alvarez as a 10 so much of the season, and not noticed he was a 'liability', and fucked the whole team structure, and persisted with it just to keep Alvarez happy, and you guys noticed it but he didn't? Fuck.. right .. off lol.

Alvarez was excellent most of the season. He dropped off at the end, but a lot of the goals scored came from his involvement. He covered for KdB well, and we kept winning. He displaced Foden from that role, other than the odd game here and there. There were games when Kevin started, that I couldn't wait for Alvarez to replace him, and we went up a couple gears when he did! And now people are suggesting a player that played 12 minutes for us in the last 3 years is better? The state of it, ffs.

It is a great deal, and a loss we can absolutely accommodate. But wow are some comments outright silly and just embarrassing.

Julian is a top player, but he doesn't get into our best eleven. To sell him for such a sum is good business, as hard-nosed as it is. I feel confident going into the season with what we have, but more than confident, the opportunity for academy players to step up is more exciting to me than big buys. We have won everything. If that can continue with a parade of players who have come through the academy, it will be Pep's greatest achievement, IMO.

Bobb making a step up is the only logical reason letting Alvarez go without an attacking recruitment. For those saying McAtee isn’t proven that’s right but also Pep wouldn’t keep him around for the sake of. Clearly seen something in him.

I love it how the very same people, that default to 'Pep knows best' to end an arguement, are so readily implying Pep is a complete moron.

What, he played Alvarez as a 10 so much of the season, and not noticed he was a 'liability', and fucked the whole team structure, and persisted with it just to keep Alvarez happy, and you guys noticed it but he didn't? Fuck.. right .. off lol.

Alvarez was excellent most of the season. He dropped off at the end, but a lot of the goals scored came from his involvement. He covered for KdB well, and we kept winning. He displaced Foden from that role, other than the odd game here and there. There were games when Kevin started, that I couldn't wait for Alvarez to replace him, and we went up a couple gears when he did! And now people are suggesting a player that played 12 minutes for us in the last 3 years is better? The state of it, ffs.

It is a great deal, and a loss we can absolutely accommodate. But wow are some comments outright silly and just embarrassing.

He was absolutely dog shit in midfield and when he was played there it was at a detriment to the team.

These are facts.

Julian is a big loss, let’s not get it twisted. You don’t find players like that on the market often, the striker market is bad as it is. I’d argue we could’ve gotten even more for him had PSG come in, but it is what it is. He’s ultimately produced valuable output in 2 seasons and always given everything in whatever role asked to play. You’d always prefer to keep a player of that quality than sell because they add a different dynamic to the team. Even if the midfield shifts were painful to watch he was adding something that the manager liked to keep the team going. 32 g/a is enough evidence that he did his bit. But such is the state of affairs, we knew all along it was always going to be Haaland or Alvarez, can’t fault him either, practically completed football at 24, wants to feel like the main man at the team, be the face of the club, that was never possible while Erling is here, great move for him, good business all around, but a shame because he is a good player end of day.

Coming season, the bit we cannot forget is simply Pep. We had the same concerns when natural wingers left, same concerns when Mahrez and Gundo left, yet we managed to create chances bar a little spell just fine and scored a lot of goals despite some incredible misses. I’d say this season is no different, given Bobb and McAtee are more involved, addition of Savinho, we will create plenty with or without Haaland tweaking our system along the way.

I’d say add another body in, ideally a backup to Rodri and our squad is very good to challenge for all trophies. At the end of the day whatever competition it is, the down side has always been defensive frailties, getting rinsed on counters. It’s never been the case where attack has stagnated for a long period. A number 6 or another central defender assures we have a complete squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.