It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

He looked like what he was a square peg in a round hole, and he made the best of it. Some games he looked comfortable and a threat, and other game his close game wasn't up to it. Hyperbole to say he was shit or amazing all season. He tried to do what asked as best he could. Occasionally went either way within the same game.

Do you think when everyone is fit he starts in the first 11?

Not always, but that is not at all what the discussion was about.

People are arguing he was dogshit last year, and that McAtee is better. Both of those are obviously absurd.

Does McAtee start in the first 11 when everyone is fit? Heck does he start ahead of Alvarez if he were still here? No chance. That doesn't mean he has no role.

I'm happy with the move and the fee we got, and happy with whatever way Pep goes forward. People are going way too far with their exaggeration though, and that is all I am pointing out.

People are arguing he was dogshit last year, and that McAtee is better. Both of those are obviously absurd.

Does McAtee start in the first 11 when everyone is fit? Heck does he start ahead of Alvarez if he were still here? No chance. That doesn't mean he has no role.

I'm happy with the move and the fee we got, and happy with whatever way Pep goes forward. People are going way too far with their exaggeration though, and that is all I am pointing out.
I wouldnt call him dogshit, he is a very good player that benefitted from his surroundings but dont think he is a first teamer.

Had the fee been £40m then I wouldn't have been happy to see him go. He was an upgrade on Jesus and his trajectory looked really good. However, I get it from his perspective and ultimately he doesn't start if Haaland and De Bruyne are fit. You have to have a plan for that day, but you can't force someone to stay against their wishes to cover it off, and the fee we've secured is staggering and a no-brainer for the club to sell.

It's probably a lot more than we expected to recoup and possibly enables us to dip our toes back in for a target we'd maybe moved on from this summer.

Yep, I still think that if a team offered 25m for Mcatee, we'd let him go. I want him to be given a chance though

Would be mental that mate.

I watched him about 7/8 times for Sheff Utd last season and he’s fucking outstanding.

His intelligence/vision is elite. Put our guys around him and he’ll be some player.

We need to keep him and integrate him this season. Give him starts in the home games v the weaker sides, the cups and any CL dead rubbers.

I wouldnt call him dogshit, he is a very good player that benefitted from his surroundings but dont think he is a first teamer.
I agree,but heres a hypothethical question,if our big number 9 wasn't Haaland,do you or anyone else think Pep would have preferred Alvarez to most other traditional 9s ?

I agree,but heres a hypothethical question,if our big number 9 wasn't Haaland,do you or anyone else think Pep would have preferred Alvarez to most other traditional 9s ?
Yes, think he was great up front tbh, the link with Foden was outstanding in the run they got. They bagged something like 8 goals in 5 games between em.

I think the crucial thing that Alvarez brought in the 8/10 role was his pressing and work out of possession. He wasn’t as creative as we’d probably like and players like Bobb and McAtee may well suit that role more.

They’ll have to learn to press like demons and constantly close passing lanes if they are to be given extensive game time though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.