It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Yeah we need Rodri cover but maybe we find more internal solutions for that this year.

Just given the links are for a winger/AM I’m assuming an attacker comes in.
Difficult to image enough game time to bed in both another AM/winger + another CM on top of the current young players.

It is likely to be one of.

Madrid let players go if they don't want to stay and you pay the right price.
It's more like Madrid trying to offload him without explicitly making it seem so, otherwise it would tank his price. They still want a lot of money for him. If we are looking to bring in another attacker/CAM, we might as well go for Kvara. He is unsettled at Napoli. De Laurentis might be strong armed to sell if kvara demands a move and actually forces a move . This is me being hopeful at best;). I doubt it happens

Yeah don’t like the term back-up for Rodri. It’s a player who would play a huge part not just be played when Rodri needs a rest.

Like Gundo could cover Rodri but offered so much on his own.

Exactly, it's reductive and inaccurate. We weren't interested in Bruno G or Rice for them to sit on the bench til Rodri needed a break. The idea was double pivot, ability to push up to 8 or play 6 alone.

I think O'Reilly will get minutes next season, Pep will find a solution when Rodri needs resting as in maybe going for a double pivot in Rodri's absence.

It's too big of an ask to throw Nico O'Reilly into replace Rodri, He could go with O'Reilly and Kovacic in some games.

The preference looks to be for an attacking player.
O'Reilly is more an attacking player than a defensive midfielder. He played as 10 or false 9 in EDS. He is more like a Gundo than Rodri. Able to drop deep but still an attacking player.

What makes you think I said back up for Rodri?
Don’t see Zubimendi as anything else though, don’t see him get into the team as an 8 ahead of Kovacic, Bernardo or even KDB, from only seeing him play a couple of times to be fair. In fact think we’ve moved away from any 8/6 idea.

Personally would like to see a bit more longevity from Wharton still a bit of a risk personally.

I like Eze and Neto as options. I’m sure there will be more - the club were in a similar position last year with Mahrez and took their time before deciding on Doku.

I would not be surprised at all to see Bakayoko links resurface.

Pep will find a solution when Rodri needs resting as in maybe going for a double pivot in Rodri's absence.

It's too big of an ask to throw Nico O'Reilly into replace Rodri, He could go with O'Reilly and Kovacic in some games.

I do wonder if that's why O'Reilly was a staple of pre-season amongst others around him changing. He and Kovacic playing together to give Pep a proper idea...?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.