It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I do wonder if that's why O'Reilly was a staple of pre-season amongst others around him changing. He and Kovacic playing together to give Pep a proper idea...?
Yeah I reckon between Kovacic , O’Reilly , Rico and inverting defenders that might be our solution next season.

Don’t see Zubimendi as anything else though, don’t see him get into the team as an 8 ahead of Kovacic, Bernardo or even KDB, from only seeing him play a couple of times to be fair. In fact think we’ve moved away from any 8/6 idea.
Or copy Spain mode? Put Zubi at 6 and Rodri as center back? The only issue is that we have so many center backs already.

Kovacic and O’Reilly together may work.

Kovacic dropping deep and helping in build-up and carrying and progressing play. O’Reilly doing the defensive part of the game and having the extra legs and physicality in midfield.

O'Reilly is more an attacking player than a defensive midfielder. He played as 10 or false 9 in EDS. He is more like a Gundo than Rodri. Able to drop deep but still an attacking player.
I seen a few of Peps interviews on the tour and he seems to think O'Reilly can play in Rodri’s position due to his physique and reading of the game.

We don't have many midfield players with the height and physique that O'Reilly has other than Rodri.

Pep is capable of putting him there and turning him into a defensive midfielder.

I seen a few of Peps interviews on the tour and he seems to think O'Reilly can play in Rodri’s position due to his physique and reading of the game.

We don't have many midfield players with the height and physique that O'Reilly has other than Rodri.

Pep is capable of putting him there and turning him into a defensive midfielder.
Over a few seasons maybe. Kova plus one will be the Rodri alt for the season as i stands,

If buying Zubemendi means a need to move Rodri, then he’s definitely the wrong player. Think myself we’ll come up with a plan for no Rodri with what we already have.

We played stones in midfield and it won us a treble. So I don't think moving Rodri around totally out of question. Perhaps it will release some magic. Tough I don't think it will happen.

It seems like I'm in the minority who's content going into the season with what we have, seeing where we need help, and spending big next summer in those areas. It's so late in the window that anyone we try to buy will be far more expensive than what they're actually worth. No club has a world-class backup for a world-class player, as some seem to want for Rodri. Any combo of Lewis, Kovacic, Nunes, Bernardo, Stones, etc., is more than enough in my mind. I can see the argument for wanting a Haaland backup, but the same issues with Alvarez would arise for the most attractive options. I'd prefer just to let Bobb/Foden play as a false 9. Our football in 20'/21' was the most fun to watch with that setup, in my opinion, anyway.

We played stones in midfield and it won us a treble. So I don't think moving Rodri around totally out of question. Perhaps it will release some magic. Tough I don't think it will happen.
Stones played alongside Rodri though.

Moving Rodri to CB is a complete no for me. He is our key -glues the defensive and offensive lines together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.