It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

It seems like I'm in the minority who's content going into the season with what we have, seeing where we need help, and spending big next summer in those areas. It's so late in the window that anyone we try to buy will be far more expensive than what they're actually worth. No club has a world-class backup for a world-class player, as some seem to want for Rodri. Any combo of Lewis, Kovacic, Nunes, Bernardo, Stones, etc., is more than enough in my mind. I can see the argument for wanting a Haaland backup, but the same issues with Alvarez would arise for the most attractive options. I'd prefer just to let Bobb/Foden play as a false 9. Our football in 20'/21' was the most fun to watch with that setup, in my opinion, anyway.
One more in to replace Alvarez and I’m fine with that.
Wouldn’t mind a right-back either.

Over a few seasons maybe. Kova plus one will be the Rodri alt for the season as i stands,
Agreed.

I think it will be a double pivot of either:

Kovacic and Rico

OR

Kovacic and Nico

I'm sure Pep could also go for Akanji also for that role, Whenever we missed Rodri last season we did lack physical presence in midfield and that's were Nico O'Reilly has an advantage.

Agreed.

Kovacic and Rico

OR

Kovacic and Nico

I'm sure Pep could also go for Akanji also for that role, Whenever we missed Rodri last season we did lack physical presence in midfield and that's were Nico O'Reilly has an advantage.
Kova and whoever steps out of defence, Dont see Nico even making the bench with the numbers we have when the squad is fully back

Stones played alongside Rodri though.

Moving Rodri to CB is a complete no for me. He is our key -glues the defensive and offensive lines together.
We played with Gundo at CM without Rodri and beat Utd 6-3. It was only one season ago. So nothing is unthinkable.

What options are out there that are up to our level, content with backing up Haaland, and whose club is willing to sell them this late?
Not a Haaland back-up. Someone to replace Alvarez’s minutes in the 10.

I like the look of Kudus , Eze , Neto all have qualities they can offer us.

Agreed.

Kovacic and Rico

OR

Kovacic and Nico

So it basically means if we get a new backup CM like BrunoG or Zubi we need to sell Kova. Otherwise there won't be enough game time for both of them. I doubt it will happen.

Agreed.

Kovacic and Rico

OR

Kovacic and Nico

For me. Kova and Nico have the right blend of technicality and physicality as a pivot.

I’d be a bit worried about Kova and Rico up against physical midfielders like Onana. That being said both players use their body well and are usually press-resistant.

So it basically means if we get a new backup CM like BrunoG or Zubi we need to sell Kova. Otherwise there won't be enough game time for both of them. I doubt it will happen.
Don’t think it will happen either but we play in so many competition that I’m sure the player could get decent minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.