It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Kova and whoever steps out of defence, Dont see Nico even making the bench with the numbers we have when the squad is fully back
That could well be the case.

I'm sure it will be the more "lesser" games as we call them that Rodri will sit out next season.

As good as we are, We need to learn lessons from last season as to how open we were when Rodri was missing, If that means going double pivot and keeping the back four intact in the absence of Rodri then so be it, We have enough quality in the final third to score goals and win games imo

Pep has given Nico the upmost praise on this tour so I think we could see him getting plenty of minutes in the League Cup games and towards the end of Premier League games.

That could well be the case.

I'm sure it will be the more "lesser" games as we call them that Rodri will sit out next season.

As good as we are, We need to learn lessons from last season as to how open we were when Rodri was missing, If that means going double pivot and keeping the back four intact in the absence of Rodri then so be it, We have enough quality in the final third to score goals and win games imo

Pep has given Nico the upmost praise on this tour so I think we could see him getting plenty of minutes in the League Cup games and towards the end of Premier League games.
Probably his best chance with the new CL format as well.

Not a Haaland back-up. Someone to replace Alvarez’s minutes in the 10.

I like the look of Kudus , Eze , Neto all have qualities they can offer us.
Neither Eze or Neto is really G/A heavy like Alvarez. They had spells of good performance but lack of numbers most of time. they will both demand game time and above avg wage than what we gave Alvarez last season.

Why not consider a true backup striker? Ideally someone with experience and okay to be a backup for Halaand. Good headers will be a bonus. Think about the game vs Real. Watching it I did not think we need another winger we put in enough crosses and won enough corners but just no one could win a header.

For me. Kova and Nico have the right blend of technicality and physicality as a pivot.

I’d be a bit worried about Kova and Rico up against physical midfielders like Onana. That being said both players use their body well and are usually press-resistant.
Agree.

I love Rico, We lack physical presence when he plays in midfield alongside Kovacic but as you said he uses his body well and he's very good at reading the game.

For me, Rico Lewis away at Palace last season was sensational and in a few other games in which he was asked to play high so Pep could be onto something with Rico playing as an attacking midfield player.

I wonder if Palmer doing what he did at Chelsea last season has shifted Pep's perception of the academy players? Those that seemed like bit-part players for us - like Palmer did - do actually have the ability to be top, top players in the league.

I like Kovacic - he's been generally very solid & his partnership with Rodri towards the end of the season was great. However, he was clearly bought for squad depth & as the rotation piece. I'm sure if called upon he will do well, but I'd prefer if we got someone else in and Kovacic was rotation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.