It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I like Kovacic - he's been generally very solid & his partnership with Rodri towards the end of the season was great. However, he was clearly bought for squad depth & as the rotation piece. I'm sure if called upon he will do well, but I'd prefer if we got someone else in and Kovacic was rotation.
whoever we get is gonna be rotation regardless.

I think you've answered your own question there, He's accomplished very little because he's young and starting off with the first team.

It's clear as day Oscar Bobb can have a fabulous career, Personally I think he can contribute to the team even more so than Alvarez has done at City.

I don't know what point you are trying to make to be honest, Seems like you are implying young players should just give up before they start because they might not be as successful as a certain player.

For example Yamal off Barcelona, Is there any point having a career at Barcelona because he's never going to contribute as much as Messi...
I'm only questioning the attitude many are having of being dismissive of Alvarez's abilities. He's been one of our best players and will be missed. Bobb might end up being amazing and we forget all about Julian. But history tells us this rarely happens. I'm pulling for Bobb and think he's an exciting player. But he's not in Julian's class...yet...

You could say that about every single player at the start of their career. What is your point?

He isn't going to magically turn into David Silva by sitting in the stands for 5yrs. If he has earnt the trust of Pep to be in the first team squad then he is one of the few that have made it, the fact he even came on against Newcastle is the biggest endorsement you can get as a youngster and then to go on and score the winner is even better.

He has looked the sharpest of anyone in pre season and there is no reason he can't integrate even more this season and play his part. Pep will be counting on him to do so.
It's more of a comment on Alvarez than Bobb. Bobb may be great, but at this point, he's not in Alvarez's class. He may be this year. Who knows. But that's the whole point. People being too dismissive of Alvarez's massive contributions the last two years. He's a star right now!

But it's the hope that makes it so exciting :D
I'll give you that. He's definitely an exciting player. There's a saying in American football - "The most popular player on the team is the backup quarterback." It's when you haven't seen the player's faults game in and game out that makes the new guy so exciting.

I'll give you that. He's definitely an exciting player. There's a saying in American football - "The most popular player on the team is the backup quarterback." It's when you haven't seen the player's faults game in and game out that makes the new guy so exciting.
Need a Drew Bledsoe to start another dynasty. Get Bobb #12.

OB12

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.