It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I wonder if it was more stable if Rodri could move further forward mate?
Again he'd be very good, but we've always played 5 attacking. 5 defensive most of the time, I think if we'd gone Guimaraes then he could do the 8 part better than what we have. There will be games we play KDB with Foden others Bernardo or Kovacic. I can't see anyone out there that is an 8 that can play as a 6. Zubimendi seems to me to be a 6 not as good as we have and could be shoehorned into an 8 but not as good as what we have.

Pep's never played a double pivot,and unless he thinks Zubimendi is a better 8 than Bernardo or Kovacic ,and I don't,we won't want him.
You know that's not true, right? You can just look as recently as the games at the end of last season, where Kovacic & Rodri played together their average position is right next to each other. Unless you think they both played as an 8 in those games, with no 6.

You know that's not true, right? You can just look as recently as the games at the end of last season, where Kovacic & Rodri played together their average position is right next to each other. Unless you think they both played as an 8 in those games, with no 6.
Not as a double pivot they didn't.

It`s flexible though and not two rigid guys standing alongside each other?
Yes it is, but I just don't think Zubimendi is better than others we have in either position.I think Kovacic is a better player. Even for Spain they play Rodri and Ruiz, not the 2 together.

Yep, we played a double pivot with Kova being used as a 6/8 but mostly a 6 next to Rodri to control games. We also played two tens kev and foden with Rodri deep, or Foden and Alvarez as the tens. Which it kinda makes sense that we want another attacking player.

Pep likes 2 players for each position to make the players better, provide competition, if we continue to play two tens then you need two players, McAtee is one, Alvarez would've been the other. So we do need a ten or an attacker that can play across the front three. Especially with Kevs injury concerns.

Squad wise Rodri's cover is Kova. The wings two players each position Bobb/Savio and Doku/Grealish that's covered.

So we are losing Alvarez who contributed greatly to last season.
But we have Bobb and Savinho and MacAtee to replace his minutes plus the big unknown is whether Mateus Núñez Will step Up this year. If he does we really don't have room for any other signings.
With all these attacking talents, throw in Doku and Foden I think we might see Kevin teaming up with Kovacic when Rodri needs a rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.