It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

What do you think a double pivot is? Do you think it's 2 players stuck on 6? Not mobile or allowed to move forward/backwards/sideways?
Do you think Pep's double pivot is a rigid system. That is pinning a player to a position without any mobility?

Pep evolved his 3-2-4-1 system, yes which is a double pivot using a box midfield to a 4-2-5 system, which is a double pivot and Ederson being used as an outfield player at the back.

But hey, you from an alternate universe, you probably are right, given the fact that you have been able to reach us here in this universe. You definitely understand and know things we don't.
Ah you're using the keeper as an outfield player, and talking about a fluid system in some weird over complicating theory what was simple discussion. I said he doesn't play 2 6s as in playing a back 4 and a double pivot in a discussion about 1 player as a possible target, which he doesn't. .
You've decided to prove how clever you are by taliking about players stepping into a position as a tactical plan during a game. Not what was being discussed,in fact nothing to do with it at all.

Haha. Makes me laugh when players say that - like it's common practice that players come out and say they want to leave.

No fucker does it publicly, they do it privately and even then, it's hard to say no to an offer that hasn't arrived...
He was asked in a press conference.

Ah you're using the keeper as an outfield player, and talking about a fluid system in some weird over complicating theory what was simple discussion. I said he doesn't play 2 6s as in playing a back 4 and a double pivot in a discussion about 1 player as a possible target, which he doesn't. .
You've decided to prove how clever you are by taliking about players stepping into a position as a tactical plan during a game. Not what was being discussed,in fact nothing to do with it at all.
Lol. I have decided to "prove how clever" I am? Okay, okay, okay. You got me. Clearly I am not clever, if I can't show you this or if I can't tell the difference between 2 6's and players stepping into position and Pep having never played a double pivot. So I yield.

Me referencing the 4-2-5 formation, was just me trying to show you, despite us having players step into a position, i.e Ederson, we still had the box/double pivot formation at the 6 position. But I guess, you don't believe it or see it, because to you it never existed. To you a double pivot requires 2 6's. Actual players that are CDMs, not players that play that role. Obviously if that's the case, we have never played a double pivot with 2 players that are actual CDMs, actual 6's. Since we have 1 CDM, which is Rodri and Phillips being a non entity or out on loan. Anyway I yield.

He was asked in a press conference.

Yeah, my point still stands. No player goes public with their intention to leave anymore. It's all done privately so if a move doesn't materialise then the club can spin it in a way that they have a loyal player/fought off interest from the bad guys and the player can say he never thought about leaving.

In reality, if we paid up what Newcastle wanted then he would've jumped ship straight away.

Yeah, my point still stands. No player goes public with their intention to leave anymore. It's all done privately so if a move doesn't materialise then the club can spin it in a way that they have a loyal player/fought off interest from the bad guys and the player can say he never thought about leaving.

In reality, if we paid up what Newcastle wanted then he would've jumped ship straight away.
I've read that the other way round for some reason, sorry dude, more coffee.

"No one flat out puts out a statement for no reason"

Lol. I have decided to "prove how clever" I am? Okay, okay, okay. You got me. Clearly I am not clever, if I can't show you this or if I can't tell the difference between 2 6's and players stepping into position and Pep having never played a double pivot. So I yield.

Me referencing the 4-2-5 formation, was just me trying to show you, despite us having players step into a position, i.e Ederson, we still had the box/double pivot formation at the 6 position. But I guess, you don't believe it or see it, because to you it never existed. Anyway I yield.
The players stepping into midfield, is exact the reason we won't sign and play a player as a double pivot, we will play a more attacking 8. The fact we have players starting in other positions stepping into central midfield is the reason why we won't.

Id

Me referencing the 4-2-5 formation, was just me trying to show you, despite us having players step into a position, i.e Ederson, we still had the box/double pivot formation at the 6 position. But I guess, you don't believe it or see it, because to you it never existed. To you a double pivot requires 2 6's. Actual players that are CDMs, not players that play that role. Obviously if that's the case, we have never played a double pivot with 2 players that are actual CDMs, actual 6's. Since we have 1 CDM, which is Rodri and Phillips being a non entity or out on loan. Anyway I

Me referencing the 4-2-5 formation, was just me trying to show you, despite us having players step into a position, i.e Ederson, we still had the box/double pivot formation at the 6 position. But I guess, you don't believe it or see it, because to you it never existed. To you a double pivot requires 2 6's. Actual players that are CDMs, not players that play that role. Obviously if that's the case, we have never played a double pivot with 2 players that are actual CDMs, actual 6's. Since we have 1 CDM, which is Rodri and Phillips being a non entity or out on loan. Anyway I yield.
Pleased to hear that mate , 5 mins of my life I won’t get back reading that back and forth load of toss . We signing anyone gents ?

Correct, we move a LW or CB to make a box midfield 2x2. Most would call that a double pivot.

Exactly, not entirely sure what else you'd call it. We've had a few players perform the function from ostensibly positions - FBs, CBs, whatever position Bernardo is in. Towards the end of last season, it was Kovacic with Rodri as we pushed up Gvardiol. Pretty sure that halfway through his first season, the concern was that Rodri couldn't play as a single 6, so we had Gundogan sitting with him for a few games at least.

Exactly, not entirely sure what else you'd call it. We've had a few players perform the function from ostensibly positions - FBs, CBs, whatever position Bernardo is in. Towards the end of last season, it was Kovacic with Rodri as we pushed up Gvardiol. Pretty sure that halfway through his first season, the concern was that Rodri couldn't play as a single 6, so we had Gundogan sitting with him for a few games at least.
This is my, and a widely accepted definition of a double pivot, and is different to what we do,which is payers in other positions stepping into midfield at times.

What is a double pivot?
A double pivot is a withdrawn central-midfield or defensive-midfield pairing. They are positioned in front of the central defenders, inside the full-backs or wing-backs, and behind the attacking midfielders. The duo is most commonly used in a 4-2-3-1 formation, operating behind a single number 10.

A double pivot can also be used in a 4-4-2 shape, especially when the wide midfielders move into narrow positions when the team attacks. Alternatively, a double pivot can be used ahead of a back three in a 3-4-3 structure.

A single pivot operates alone in the spaces between the defensive and attacking units. A double pivot, as the name suggests, adds a second player in that zone.

That's not what we are looking for and why we probably have no interest in Zubimendi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.