It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Tell that to Julian and how it feels being seen as backup for someone else.
Julian was not really a hybrid tho. He was forced into unfamiliar roles due to various injuries, mainly DeBruyne. Keeper is talking about basically a true Gundo replacement. Someone like Bruno G. who IMO we could certainly do with...

Okay prem is the best league in the world. He was a top 3 player in that league last season? And should only get better?

Barely made the England squad for experience reasons, and was the biggest game changer when he entered the pitch. Did much better than Jude and Phil in his limited minutes. Top 100 is really underselling him.

His best role is at attacking 8 coming off the right side in my opinion. But he would play the Bernardo RW role quite similarly. The only attacking midfielders/wingers valued higher in the league would be Saka and Foden.
So I think the answer to my question is probably no one then. He would definitely get more minutes but he isn't a City 1st 11 player IMO.

I wonder if it was more stable if Rodri could move further forward mate?
If people are paying attention Rodri does that on a regular basis when playing with Kova. It's not a matter of numbers. If both Phil and KDB start then Rodri plays behind both, simple as. Kova and Bernardo are also options as 8s. Don't know yet what Pep will do with Nunes and O'Reilly but they are also in the mix. It just comes down to do we need a like for like replacement for Gundo or does Pep utilize those available to make it work. I'd like to see a Gundo-like player brought in, but it needs to be a very high-quality player (like Gundo) otherwise it just adds to the numbers. Everyone agrees going for a pure 6 is pointless with the number of matches we rely on Rodri to play as evidenced by the Phillips situation. Zubamendi may start for the dippers but he'd add virtually nothing to our squad unless Rodri were to suffer a long term injury, God forbid. And even then it wouldn't be close to the same as Rodri has become irreplaceable for us...

If people are paying attention Rodri does that on a regular basis when playing with Kova. It's not a matter of numbers. If both Phil and KDB start then Rodri plays behind both, simple as. Kova and Bernardo are also options as 8s. Don't know yet what Pep will do with Nunes and O'Reilly but they are also in the mix. It just comes down to do we need a like for like replacement for Gundo or does Pep utilize those available to make it work. I'd like to see a Gundo-like player brought in, but it needs to be a very high-quality player (like Gundo) otherwise it just adds to the numbers. Everyone agrees going for a pure 6 is pointless with the number of matches we rely on Rodri to play as evidenced by the Phillips situation. Zubamendi may start for the dippers but he'd add virtually nothing to our squad unless Rodri were to suffer a long term injury, God forbid. And even then it wouldn't be close to the same as Rodri has become irreplaceable for us...
Who you got in the top 3 dream shouts? Bruno, FDJ, Barella etc?

I have mentioned it in my previous posts. What I have noticed in the past 3 seasons, Barcelona acquire players on a free and then try flip them for profit a season or two later.

Proper wankers. Doesn't even seem as though Gundo has liked his time there either - he's digged out his teammates a few times in interviews from memory and was spotted speaking to Guler after a recent friendly saying they don't have any game management.

Must be a killer going from us - who can control the last 15 minutes of a game if needed - to another with no real experience.

My striker replacement for Alvarez would be Joao pedro. More a Haaland type striker, only young (22), 20 in 40 last season all comps. Wouldn’t be throwing toys out of the pram with reduced minutes and wouldn’t expect to play in the big games. Plus, there would be no need to change our formation if Haaland got injured. Haaland has a history of getting injured over the last four years so cannot rule out some games this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.