It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Not a chance. He only just made the England squad.

He might sneak into the top 100.
Okay prem is the best league in the world. He was a top 3 player in that league last season? And should only get better?

Barely made the England squad for experience reasons, and was the biggest game changer when he entered the pitch. Did much better than Jude and Phil in his limited minutes. Top 100 is really underselling him.
Who does he replace to be a regular starter?
His best role is at attacking 8 coming off the right side in my opinion. But he would play the Bernardo RW role quite similarly. The only attacking midfielders/wingers valued higher in the league would be Saka and Foden.

This is my, and a widely accepted definition of a double pivot, and is different to what we do,which is payers in other positions stepping into midfield at times.

What is a double pivot?
A double pivot is a withdrawn central-midfield or defensive-midfield pairing. They are positioned in front of the central defenders, inside the full-backs or wing-backs, and behind the attacking midfielders. The duo is most commonly used in a 4-2-3-1 formation, operating behind a single number 10.

A double pivot can also be used in a 4-4-2 shape, especially when the wide midfielders move into narrow positions when the team attacks. Alternatively, a double pivot can be used ahead of a back three in a 3-4-3 structure.

A single pivot operates alone in the spaces between the defensive and attacking units. A double pivot, as the name suggests, adds a second player in that zone.

That's not what we are looking for and why we probably have no interest in Zubimendi.

It's what we have played and despite your disbelief, we were after Rice & Guimaraes, to enable a fluid double pivot alongside Rodri. As per your strict definition, yet again the back end of last season saw Kovacic sit alongside Rodri both in formation and in average field position.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240808_130647_Sofascore.jpg
    Screenshot_20240808_130647_Sofascore.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20240808_130633_Sofascore.jpg
    Screenshot_20240808_130633_Sofascore.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20240808_130606_Sofascore.jpg
    Screenshot_20240808_130606_Sofascore.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 34
It's what we have played and despite your disbelief, we were after Rice & Guimaraes, to enable a fluid double pivot alongside Rodri. As per your strict definition, yet again the back end of last season saw Kovacic sit alongside Rodri both in formation and in average field position.
Okay, I've lost interest now, only wanted to say IMO it's unlikely we were going to want Zubimendi, and as we don't seem to have any interest it's not relevant to much.

Okay prem is the best league in the world. He was a top 3 player in that league last season? And should only get better?

Barely made the England squad for experience reasons, and was the biggest game changer when he entered the pitch. Did much better than Jude and Phil in his limited minutes. Top 100 is really underselling him.

His best role is at attacking 8 coming off the right side in my opinion. But he would play the Bernardo RW role quite similarly. The only attacking midfielders/wingers valued higher in the league would be Saka and Foden.

He might be in the top 25 for wide forwards, but he’s is nowhere near the top 25 players in the world, especially not as an 8.

Okay, I've lost interest now, only wanted to say IMO it's unlikely we were going to want Zubimendi, and as we don't seem to have any interest it's not relevant to much.
I’m sure the handful who are proclaiming that Zubimendi has to be bought are doing so just because he’s linked to Liverpool..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.