It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

My striker replacement for Alvarez would be Joao pedro. More a Haaland type striker, only young (22), 20 in 40 last season all comps. Wouldn’t be throwing toys out of the pram with reduced minutes and wouldn’t expect to play in the big games. Plus, there would be no need to change our formation if Haaland got injured. Haaland has a history of getting injured over the last four years so cannot rule out some games this season.
Seen this shout online, its not a bad one.

If people are paying attention Rodri does that on a regular basis when playing with Kova. It's not a matter of numbers. If both Phil and KDB start then Rodri plays behind both, simple as. Kova and Bernardo are also options as 8s. Don't know yet what Pep will do with Nunes and O'Reilly but they are also in the mix. It just comes down to do we need a like for like replacement for Gundo or does Pep utilize those available to make it work. I'd like to see a Gundo-like player brought in, but it needs to be a very high-quality player (like Gundo) otherwise it just adds to the numbers. Everyone agrees going for a pure 6 is pointless with the number of matches we rely on Rodri to play as evidenced by the Phillips situation. Zubamendi may start for the dippers but he'd add virtually nothing to our squad unless Rodri were to suffer a long term injury, God forbid. And even then it wouldn't be close to the same as Rodri has become irreplaceable for us...
Re the Gundo replacement, I think Pep was looking at Nunes (Paqueta before his charges and we pivoted to Nunes) to perform that role. IF and its a big IF Nunes settles more this year then he is a Gundo type player and could be that option (not in the same class).

Re the Gundo replacement, I think Pep was looking at Nunes (Paqueta before his charges and we pivoted to Nunes) to perform that role. IF and its a big IF Nunes settles more this year then he is a Gundo type player and could be that option (not in the same class).
Foden moving into the 10 became the Gundo for me, the box threat we had/needed. Tired of seeing him on the touchline. Leave him as a 8/10 full time.

My striker replacement for Alvarez would be Joao pedro. More a Haaland type striker, only young (22), 20 in 40 last season all comps. Wouldn’t be throwing toys out of the pram with reduced minutes and wouldn’t expect to play in the big games. Plus, there would be no need to change our formation if Haaland got injured. Haaland has a history of getting injured over the last four years so cannot rule out some games this season.
Mbeumo would be a decent shout too.

Guler after a recent friendly saying they don't have any game management.

Must be a killer going from us - who can control the last 15 minutes of a game if needed - to another with no real experience.
They definitely have no game management. That's why all of their young star players crush and burn before 22. Imagine having your teenage players 40+ games.

You do realize the world is bigger than just the Premier League...
Yeah mate, well aware.

Here's a list of the top 25 players in the world by market value. Palmer sitting comfy at 25th after only one season of top level football. Expect his value to be closer to €110m by the end of this season. He's better, and younger than Odegaard and Lautero who are at €110m now. Too bad we didn't hold on to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.