It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

For those screaming for the next shiny new toy it'd be worth remembering that there aren't too many exceptional talents out there currently.
I watched the Euros (with little interest), and some of the Copa games - I didn't see too many standouts.
The quality players are already at big clubs, or don't fancy moving over here (e g. Zubimendi - would be great but doesn't apparently fancy moving far from home. I'd ignore the scousers link currently).
People moan on here about signing Phillips and Nunes on the one hand, then scream we're not signing anyone - currently you can't have it both ways.
Just an opinion

I think we have a director of football whose job relies on that not being the case

Not all of those top player is keen to join us for various reasons despite our DoF best effort, if they have made up their mind to join another club no matter what for example Bellingham case then there's little Txixi can do.

I mean it's not like Txixi is total failure (Which based on few posters opinion on this thread seems the case for some unfathomable reasons), he did able to bring names like Haaland, Gvardiol, Alvarez and others. Sure he got a few duds, but no person is perfect.

Not all of those top player is keen to join us for various reasons despite our DoF best effort, if they have made up their mind to join another club no matter what for example Bellingham case then there's little Txixi can do.

I mean it's not like Txixi is total failure, he did able to bring names like Haaland, Gvardiol, Alvarez and others. Sure he got a few duds, but no person is perfect.
they all have top DOFs arguing against as well for the player tbf

I mean it's not like Txixi is total failure (Which based on few posters opinion on this thread seems the case for some unfathomable reasons), he did able to bring names like Haaland, Gvardiol, Alvarez and others. Sure he got a few duds, but no person is perfect.
Think you misunderstand, Txiki is doing a great job - witness your examples. The comment I was replying to seems not to recognise the DoFs exact purpose is to improve our squad by identifying talented players and persuading them to sign for us in a highly competitive market.

Perrone will leave on loan again, Nico will train full time for the first team but is too raw for a week in week out at this level, Mcatee will get minutes but won’t be in every matchday squad imo and Nunes will have a solution found by Mendes and the club imo as well. Bobb is the main one who will benefit this season but we can’t stand still as others aren’t? KDB picks up injuries at times throughout the season and is 33 so will need resting at times, Rodri will need breaks and we saw yesterday that Kova isn’t the answer there?
Alternatively, McAtee will gain minutes and confidence, as will O'Reilly. Grealish and Bernardo will move central to give more options in the midfield, and Bob and Savinho will add to the wing options. Doku will be improved in his second season, as will Gvardiol, and we shouldn't be missing KDB for 5 months. I'm playing devil's advocate here, but this could be a real season of opportunity and the one many have been waiting for where academy players are given and take their chances.

Assuming we pot Cancelo (30) and Philips (28) and then Echeverri (18) arrives in January, we'll have a 24 man squad...

1723386492428.png

We're stacked in midfield, but we know the drop off when Rodri is out is a killer. Do we need a 'proper' left back and a AM/False 9 to rotate/backup Erling and 'replace' Julian's G/As...

imho the priorities are:-

P1 : AM
P2 : CDM
P3 : LB

Edit: Forgot about Esbrand-Wilson (21), Kabore (23) and Perrone (21), assuming all are going out on loan or out out...

Attachments

• 1723384444127.png
    1723384444127.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 1723386462221.png
    1723386462221.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I hope that Pep's plan is to replace Grealish and Foden out wide with Doku, Savio, Bobb and maybe Nunes.

And to replace KDB and Kovocic with Grealish and Foden.

And eventually replace Walker with someone young, fast, built, tough, skillful, smart and with a more moderately sized willy.

Eg.
...............Ederson................
Akanji ..Dias Ake ..Gvardiol
...................Rodri.................
Savio Grealish Foden Doku
................Haaland...............

A man who knows his stuff.

Assuming we pot Cancelo and Philips and then Echeverri arrives in January, we'll have a 24 man squad...

View attachment 127976

We're stacked in midfield, but we know the drop off when Rodri is out is a killer. Do we need a 'proper' left back and a AM/False 9 to rotate/backup Erling and 'replace' Julien's G/As...

imho the priorities are:-

P1 : AM
P2 : CDM
P3 : LB
Echeverri is an AM.

For those screaming for the next shiny new toy it'd be worth remembering that there aren't too many exceptional talents out there currently.
I watched the Euros (with little interest), and some of the Copa games - I didn't see too many standouts.
The quality players are already at big clubs, or don't fancy moving over here (e g. Zubimendi - would be great but doesn't apparently fancy moving far from home. I'd ignore the scousers link currently).
People moan on here about signing Phillips and Nunes on the one hand, then scream we're not signing anyone - currently you can't have it both ways.
Just an opinion
Tend to agree with that. There has been precious little movement by many of the English clubs.

We need particular attributes, rather than a shiny new toy, so I’m hopeful that we’ll make one more signing that is a bit like the signing of Akanji.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.