It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Assuming we pot Cancelo and Philips and then Echeverri arrives in January, we'll have a 24 man squad...

View attachment 127976

We're stacked in midfield, but we know the drop off when Rodri is out is a killer. Do we need a 'proper' left back and a AM/False 9 to rotate/backup Erling and 'replace' Julian's G/As...

imho the priorities are:-

P1 : AM
P2 : CDM
P3 : LB

Edit: Forgot about Esbrand-Wilson, Kabore and Perrone, assuming all are going out on loan or out out...
Ake is arguably decent LB cover but Kimmich would be a good solution to the Rodri problem. I also like Pep's brief we are after a striker who can both replace Haaland centrally and can operate out wide with him in the team. Sounds like he has someone in mind for that role.

All we need to complete that midfield is a ball winner/dual winner. Kovacic plus a ball winner in midfield we won't miss Rodri if he needs a rest.

When we find out if we are guilty or not isn’t there a big chance for a transfer ban anyway because we did not cooperate with the PL?

This guy is apparently very reliable for Real Madrid news. Assume it’s just interest in Gvardiol on their side, would be madness to even consider selling him for any price

Some really great points here over the last 24 hours, and respectful differences of opinion.
I remember when nobody could replace Fernandinho, and Gundogan got a few pelters because he couldn't do what Fern could. We are really in the same boat now, with a player with a truly unique skillset and no direct replacement. I think it will take a blend of what we have to cope with the absence of Rodri, but I understand those who believe you have to dip into the market. I hope that the emergence of Bobb with Doku and Savinho allow Foden and Bernardo and Grealish to play centrally. If so, I think we have all we need.
I believe in the academy players and they are the future, but we need them to learn and grow first, so we need another experienced player imo.

I would take a punt on N'Golo Kante. He's available for about £30m so that's not an issue.
I know he's getting on but he still played well for France in the Euro's and with his experience could definitely step in, if needed, for Rodri and Kovacic and would also help with the younger players.

Sigh.... Mario Cortegana is another top Madrid source they are forcing him out

"Rodrigo is fond of the Premier League and Guardiola"

"That being the case, the Brazilian's future will remain up in the air. Although it has been confirmed in his inner circle that he wants to continue playing for the Santiago Bernabéu team, none of this guarantees that he will be able to continue. Firstly, because Ancelotti now has a good number of forwards and could consider using one of them. His playing time will be reduced and this is something that could eventually cause problems."

Although the player's desire is to stay, for the Merengues it could be a key opportunity.

Mario Cortegana offers the latest on the rumours that place the Brazilian from Real Madrid at Manchester City this summer

Apparently according to a madrid fan it probably means they want Gvardiol for Rodrygo. If so they can do one

They talk like we going to buy Rodrygo I'm not convinced we are! If we are Gvardiol will be going nowhere we probably offer him a new improve contract because that's what we do after one season if a players has a good one..

Sigh.... Mario Cortegana is another top Madrid source

"Rodrigo is fond of the Premier League and Guardiola"

Mario Cortegana offers the latest on the rumours that place the Brazilian from Real Madrid at Manchester City this summer

All this smoke is coming from Madrid paid people! They'd love to get rid of Rodrigo for a tidy sum!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.