It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Dare I dream. Turn all our attention and efforts to Frenkie.

The bloke can play the Stones role. He can play the Rodri role. He can play the Gundo role.

He’s perfect for us and how we play. Do whatever it takes.

Its getting him off that fucking astronomical contract at Barcelona.

But,if there is any possibility......and they still owe us money,and would like Laporte.....then yes,he would be ideal.

Dare I dream. Turn all our attention and efforts to Frenkie.

The bloke can play the Stones role. He can play the Rodri role. He can play the Gundo role.

He’s perfect for us and how we play. Do whatever it takes.
He's not leaving Barca.

No issue with missing out on Bellingham but it's the alternatives that just kind of underwhelm

Gundo and Bernie are two huge misses and I'd he surprised if at least one if not both are gone come the summer.

MacAllister & Caceido I like but they'll be expensive and I'm unsure how good they really are
Rice I'm a huge fan of but I don't think it makes sense
Big fan of Mikel Merino in Spain but seems unlikely
FDJ doesn't do it for me, way too expensive and dont think hes built for the Prem
Lavia is still a couple years away from being ready to recall
Maddison and Mount, 2 years ago I'd be all over it but they both have lost a lot of momentum
Kovacic pass
Gavi is going to stay at Barca

There is deffo value out there, and I'm 100% sure the club have planned for Gundo/Bernie (and Laporte) departures even if Bellingham moved elsewhere so I'm not overly concerned
How much would it cost to get that lad at Sheffield utd? Supposed to be ok :)

These alternative are depressing. It's like choosing the least worst option.

It's greedy i know, but was hoping for a midfield equivalent of Haaland this summer.

View attachment 77499

IF AND ITS A BIG IF this is in anyway true it’d be pretty interesting to see if city would sell to arsenal again and also I’m not sure how I’d feel- ideally wouldn’t strengthen a rival but at the same time if they’ll pay the asking price and city want gone..for some reason I could see this move

End of the day with Cancelo, he is a current world 11 footballer who is valued at £50m minimum.

No club outside of the PL is paying that, in fact most will be offering loans.

Business is business end of the day. No way we losing out on £50m

Ignoring the money and fees likely to be involved, looking at midfield..long-time .

KDB - maybe another couple of years as "the man"
Rodri - lynchpin for a good while yet
Gundog - final season?
Bernard O'Silva - off to sunnier climes this summer?
Palmer - has he got what it takes?
Perrone - unknown quantity
Philips - jury is out, but in his defence, first City season syndrome and long-time injured, hope/expect next season would be better, but would not plan to rely on him
Jack - midfield or attack?
Phil - same as Jack

KDB and Rodri to be the core midfield next season, but could KDB play 40+ games?
Gundog and Silva, to go.
Philips, would like to keep him and hope he comes good as Rodri backup.
Palmer and Perrone, who knows?
Jack and Phil, get the most out of them in attack, but options to cover midfield.

Need at least a couple if not three.
Declan Rice - could he be the Cockney Yaya? Guessing he's a London Boy at heart and wouldn't look to move north.
Frenkie de Jong - Barca need to slash their wage bill, get him for low fee / high wages, a la Viking.
Bellingham - midfield powerhouse, Pep to make him the best
A.N.Other - a midfield maestro magician

Alvarez as trainee next KDB?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.