It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

was reading stefans thread on chelsea the other day, reminded me there is much more than just wages/years on a contract makes me think the cash saved might be for the contracts rather than shopping.

Every player has:
- Base wage: weekly, monthly, annual etc most likely with regular rises built in given contract length
- Image rights: say 20% extra for marketable players
- Signing-on fees: Paid in installments over contract length
- Loyalty bonuses: Often paid at season's end or start
- Performance bonuses eg:-
- Appearance fees -
- Win bonuses
- Goal bonuses (for attackers)
- Clean sheet bonuses (for defenders/goalkeepers
)- European bonuses and uplifts
On top of that the club pay social security (NI) and pension adding at least another 15% cost on top.

We've alot of top end guys up for talks.

Yerp, but that just reiterates the point about offering reduced base salaries/short terms for the older players in the negotiations, while looking at the next person in their position. I understood why we didn't offer Gundo a longer contract - it would have made more sense if we had secured his replacement, but we went about it badly. Hopefully we learn from it.

The warchest idea is spouted every year and is pretty daft, but It wouldn't surprise me if we did take the same line as with Gundo, potentially leading to a number of changes.

Anyway, back to the batshit stories on transfers... another nothing story on Rodrygo anyone?

Anyway, back to the batshit stories on transfers... another nothing story on Rodrygo anyone?

Do they think this is going to provoke United or Arsenal into a bid for him maybe?

There's obviously no way City go for him.

Remember the KDB injury that played a big part.
Absolutely. I was wracking my brain trying to remember who got injured just as last season started, & you're correct. It was KDB with his hamstring going. Jack kept breaking down too, plus Gundog & Mahrez departed for Spain & Saudi respectively.

Added to Rodri complaining about his need to be rested, Stones being injured & Philips being surplus to requirements, but turning down offers of a permanent move to stay & fight for his place, we definitely needed reinforcements, but I was gobsmacked we pursued Nunes.

It had all the hallmarks of a panic buy.

Nunes wouldn’t be losing anything except the last bit of dignity he might have left.

Gundo in, Nunes tatty bye.
A very harsh statement, but i am sure if Nunes leaves, KDB, Grealish and Foden will be after the 670 minutes, not to mention Bobb,O`Reilly and McAtee. Gundo does nothing for us but take up a foreign spot and block youth, he is MLS standard now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.