It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Fuck me how do you replace gundo and Bernardo- you can’t tell me there is anyone on the market close to the level they have consistently played at for multiple years. Honestly I get new players are shiny and exciting but offer these two everything to stay
Interestingly, since coming back from appendicitis, Foden's come on as sub in CM, & last night he got a brilliant assist.

Could their eventual successors already be here in Foden & Grealish? \0/

Grealish was far better than some would admit through fear of him making them look daft.He gave plenty of indications all it would take was patience and confidence,he also knuckled down and gave it everything.
agreed he actually didnt do much wrong,except maybe play within himself due to the greater quality in the squad, hes looks a totally different player now he realises he actually belongs in our squad.

No chance. He’s only recently signed a new deal here and doesn’t seem one to be hung up on lifestyle (given he fucked Madrid off for Manchester without hesitation) as well as recently saying coming here was the best decision he’s made.

Future captain and will be here 10+ years.
Rodri doesn't strike me as the "It's my dream to play for Prestigious 'istree Club" type. He's bought into Manchester City, is happy to create history here where he's become the byword for the modern defensive midfielder.

Other players are now being mentioned/judged as a "Rodri-Type" which is high praise indeed. Agreed both he & Dias are future City Captain material & both seemingly love life in Manchester.

HOWEVER, Real STILL believe if they come calling, all players should be flattered such a prestigious 'istree club are interested, but Mbappé & Haaland have proved times are a-changing.

This is probably why Real are heavily spinning the Bellingham, Davies & Mbappé to them this summer, with Haaland to follow in 2024.

Their global superiority is being challenged like never before & they're seriously worried, hence the G14's desperation to halt City's progress via their crooked FFP!

TWATS! :-/

Which of our 3 midfielders can Foden replace?
He scores and assists more than Bernie.
He can get around the pitch better than Kev and Ilkay.
They are all different but I feel if Bernie leaves Foden can take his slot. If Gundo leaves not sure.

He seems the most like de Bruyne to me, with speed with the ball and creativity. He loses it some, too, which Kev also does. Not ready to let Kevin go though. Don't see Foden replacing either Gundo or Bernie because he doesn't defend well at all. Maybe at left back? :)

Fuck me how do you replace gundo and Bernardo- you can’t tell me there is anyone on the market close to the level they have consistently played at for multiple years. Honestly I get new players are shiny and exciting but offer these two everything to stay

Foden would be the ideal replacement for one of them in the middle

I think the narrative is always they would rather play for Madrid than City until they get here. Look at everyone last night, pure emotion and love for the shirt.
Bernardo's a strange one. He was interviewed by L'equipe after the match & was asked to comment on reports of him moving to PSG this summer.

He replied he was fully focused on City until the end of the season, but "We'll see in the summer"...

Even after starring last night, it sounds like he STILL wants out. \0/

My view is simple. If a club matches our valuation, he can leave with our best wishes. If not, he sees out the final two years of his contract. We win either way.

Bernardo's a strange one. He was interviewed by L'equipe after the match & was asked to comment on reports of him moving to PSG this summer.

He replied he was fully focused on City until the end of the season, but "We'll see in the summer"...

Even after starring last night, it sounds like he STILL wants out. \0/

My view is simple. If a club matches our valuation, he can leave with our best wishes. If not, he sees out the final two years of his contract. We win either way.
I think Bernado is different. He's come and conquered, showed everyone how good he is and im sure there were doubts about him being a top top player when signed. He wants to move for family reasons, I wish he met a nice man woman instead but oh well. I will always support him, looks at how he performs for us. He's not leaving because he'd rather play for another team, just family etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.