It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I know it’s sad to be losing so many of our great players but it’s important in football to keep growing and know when to let go.

It’s what separates teams like ours, constantly evolving and sweeping up awards, and united, who are a joke because they cannot let go.

If those players all do leave, on the back of a treble, they’re now immortal and have given us everything there is to give, so they leave with nothing but thank for everything and a wish for good luck!

Over to the uppers to make sure we stay on top

Even though our 3-2-4-1 formation won us a treble, we saw more teams put physical strong defenders (Bissaka, Dumfries,Dimarco etc) man to man defending against Bernado and Grealish with ultra amount of physical duals. This duo act as outlets in our formation. In the CL final we saw what happened when both of them were heavily marked by the opposite.

Luckily Bernado and Grealish did not play every minutes in the first half of the season and they had enough energy to last util the final. Sam Lee disclosed that Grealish carried a hip injury though the finals and luckily did not get worse.

We might lose Bernado next season. And even not, Grealish and Bernado will both age one more year. And Foden is also said to start building his career as midfield masters. So we have to find someone to support Bernado and Grealish on the wings. Otherwise I doubt they could last until the end of the season.

We need fullbacks or whatsoever name players, who are able to hug the touch line to free Bernado and Grealish to release them into the middle to help Rodri, at least occasionally in the game. Ake and Akanji are not this kind of player.

I am not suggesting to get a 100million pound fullback (that is Chelsea thing) but some relative cheaper options would be great. Yesterday Italian media said that AC Milan would willing to sell Theo Hernandez for about 70 million euro. It would mean 60 million or so pounds. I think that it is reasonable price. Looking into England market, Brighton and some other clubs also have interesting options to buy. It will really help on squad depth.

Let's say Cancelo, Mahrez, Bernie, Gundo, Laporte and Walker are going to leave..
And Kovacic / Guardiol are done deals..

Ederson / Ortega
Akanji / Stones Ruben / Stones Ake/ Guardiol
Stones / Rico / Phillips Rodri / Kovacic / Phillips / Gomez
XXX / Palmer Foden / Kovacic / Perrone Grealish / XXX
KDB / Alvarez Haaland / Alvarez

The player we need the most, is someone like Grealish, but playing with the left foot.
Correct answer is -> Bernardo Silva :D but what are the alternatives ?

So another option is, due to reason that there aren't many good RW players that suit our style (cause, we don't just need good winger, but winger that will play in this 3-5-2 system and help us during buildups..), Foden will get that RW role and Kovacic will be main player on Gundo's position.

Starting line-up:

Ederson
Akanji Ruben Ake
Stones Rodri
Foden Kovacic Grealish
KDB Haaland

I don't think this is downgrade or something, but we will need 1-2 players to strengthen the bench.

I know it’s sad to be losing so many of our great players but it’s important in football to keep growing and know when to let go.

It’s what separates teams like ours, constantly evolving and sweeping up awards, and united, who are a joke because they cannot let go.

If those players all do leave, on the back of a treble, they’re now immortal and have given us everything there is to give, so they leave with nothing but thank for everything and a wish for good luck!

Over to the uppers to make sure we stay on top
Yep and I'd prefer for this to be happening now with Pep in charge than in 2-3 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.