It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I think losing Gundo (no surprise) and replacing him with Kovacic isnt the ideal scenario.....Gundo had goals in him.....Kovacic throughout his career hasnt been that player...maybe Pep thinks he can so who knows but at present it doesnt appear great in that one respect

Having said that Kovacic is a decent player. ....certainly better that Phillips - id happily see the back of him as I just dont think he is ever going to usurp Rodri and it seemed like Pep preferred Stones and even Rico Lewis pushing into midfield rather than play Phillips

We all think that Foden may play more central...he can certainly add goals but Gundo had that knack of doing it in huge games and I think that is something experience gives players....maybe Foden just doesnt have that experience yet though he certainly has the skill set.

IF Bernardo leaves we absolutely must bring someone else in and we cant replace like for like but its going to have to be someone spectacular at some aspect of the game! If Mahrez leaves we may need 2 new players

If we end up with just Gvardiol and Kovacic that is a backwards step even keeping Bernie
Why is it a backward step to bring those to in even if we keep Bernie ?

So the steer from the club (via Jack Gaughan) is that we’re focussing on sales before acquisitions. Rice price as a guide for Bernardo price, no offers for Laporte and Saudi interest in Mahrez.

So the steer from the club (via Jack Gaughan) is that we’re focussing on sales before acquisitions. Rice price as a guide for Bernardo price, no offers for Laporte and Saudi interest in Mahrez.
I love Bernardo, but he's also nearly 5 years older than Rice.

Think he'll be pissed if we turn down anything below £100m.

Right hear me out on this one- juventus want rid of pogba- city wanted him last summer and so did guardiola. As a stop gap for a year or so he’d be no older than a gundogan but offers the multi functional type player that guardiola likes while also being able to replace the goals/assists. Injury prone players have been sorted out by city medical team in the past also. I know it’s mad, but if they were keen last summer why not this summer? There is no denying under pep he could be phenomenal
We've just won the Treble and you want us to sign Pogba? I'd rather put McAtee in the side than go for Pogba.

No European club is going to pay 100m+ for Bernardo. So if he wants to leave, his only option will be Saudi. We were also willing to spend 90m+ on Rice (and Bellingham) without any outgoings...strange.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.