It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Maybe we be smart and bring in a couple of players cheap like we did last season in Akanji and Gomes one was a great by the other not so much!

I think we were all hoping for more completed business by the his point, our backroom team have done well in previous years. I've got faith that we will be strong again even if we lose Gundo, Bernie, American, Kyle and Riyadh
However, I do think a great deal of consideration needs to go towards the average age of the squad which is creeping up. If not, when Pep leaves, we could experience the kind of drop off seen at the swamp when Fergie retired.
I'm not able to list who we should target but I do know that the focus should be on the next 5 to 10 years rather than just the remainder of Pep's contact

Makes Txixi looks like an amateur
You are a wum or are clueless. Have we not just won the treble!? With Tixi the amateur key to the squad we have. You don’t know how long the scousers have been talking to RB yet you come on here and make bullshit statements like that, not just in one thread but several.

The only flip side to that is the season was gruelling and Pep has said you need to refresh the squad to keep the hunger. I’m confident City will be ready.

It'll be incredibly difficult to maintain the same standards and drive next year after such a brilliant end to the season. That could be exacerbated with having some older players, who've won it all and might not buy-in a much to Pep's brilliant yet exhausting style - but I guess that's part of why Pep is the genius he is.

The whole thing with Rice confuses me. Kovacic was progessing regardless of outgoings. We only moved for Rice after Gundogan was moving to Barca, with talk that Rice was looked at as someone who can play box to box and be creative in the final third. And after standing firm on their valuation, we now will operate on a 1 out 1 in in midfield.

Are the 'gaps' that Rice would fill still not there? If they could be filled by the existing squad and you're happy with the squad, why bother bidding £90m?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.