It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Giving him to Barca for 47M (a pittance) next season is a huge negative to me, as much as I love him sell him to the highest bidder or we keep him for two years and let him leave on a free. It’s a shit deal no matter how you dress this up imho
Unlikely Barca can afford him next summer anymore than this, but if he did’t sign a new contract with a clause it’s unlikely we’d get more than 47 mill so it’s a no lose deal. We are certainly no worse off than him not signing a new deal.

Giving him to Barca for 47M (a pittance) next season is a huge negative to me, as much as I love him sell him to the highest bidder or we keep him for two years and let him leave on a free. It’s a shit deal no matter how you dress this up imho
Release clauses are pay the entire sum in 1 payment.

Do you honestly think they can pay that cost up front for 1 player? Their M.O. lately seems to be free agents as they're already a BILLION + in debt and can't pay huge transfer fees.

So yes it could happen, but they'd have to massively sell players first.

PSG seems much more likely or Real Madrid or maybe the Saudis. But I'd still put down a 50% chance that he will just end up staying till the end of his contract, earning a big salary and going back to Benefica since that's what he really wants.. to go HOME!

Unlikely Barca can afford him next summer anymore than this, but if he did’t sign a new contract with a clause it’s unlikely we’d get more than 47 mill so it’s a no lose deal. We are certainly no worse off than him not signing a new deal.

In reality, we could ask for any amount we wanted to. Players leave in the last years of their contract for big money, Hazard 115m, Kane 90m, even we managed 60m for Sane.

But it wouldn't be fair on Bernardo. Imo, he has deserved a reasonable release clause for his loyalty.

Even if we were to say accept less than the release clause now were he not to sign a contract, overall it may not make much of a difference, because there would be a saving on his wage increase over the year.

But again, he deserves the increase in wages, and it effectively means any club paying the 'difference' is paying his wage increase.

I think this one is all about rewarding him, myself. If it is a year long extension, as suggested, that's what makes sense to me.

And then there is that chance that he may indeed follow through with what he has said about going back to Benfica at an age of 31/32, rather than taking on another 4/5 year contract next year that would prevent him from doing that. Which would mean seeing his new extended contract out here.

Last edited:
£47m for a thirty year old player with one year left on his contract is pretty good money.

After winning the TREBLE I thought we would have a much stronger pull than this/ Well I thought we were getting the big names which we were being teased with. I was expecting to get someone, at least one of the Level of FDJ, BELLINGHAM, PEDRI, GAVI, KVICHA, VINICIUS, ODEGAARD, MUSIALA, KIMMICH, LEAO, COMAN. I would loved BARRELLA/MITOMA/DIABY if we failed above mentioned names. DOKU is exciting and is epic but he has no end product, I hope Pep brings him up to speed on that but I would rather have Diaby. The loss of KDB[injury]/MAHREZ and GUNDO is easily 50+G/A per season. As for Eze, his a nice tidy player, but I did not think we would be paying 90M+ for him, I did not even see him as a suit for us. So is Eze the BIG signing we are waiting for? Damn, that is sad!
I really hope not, as you say massively underwhelming

Can Madrid accomodate all of the Camavinga/Valverde/Tchouameni/Bellingham? There was a rumour earlier in the summer that one of them could be available?
We really should be forcing their hand, why wait for Bernardo to sneak away on the cheap to Barca next season, get Valverde in now! I’m sure Madrid would be happy for the money to help pay the Mbappe wages

After winning the TREBLE I thought we would have a much stronger pull than this/ Well I thought we were getting the big names which we were being teased with. I was expecting to get someone, at least one of the Level of FDJ, BELLINGHAM, PEDRI, GAVI, KVICHA, VINICIUS, ODEGAARD, MUSIALA, KIMMICH, LEAO, COMAN. I would loved BARRELLA/MITOMA/DIABY if we failed above mentioned names. DOKU is exciting and is epic but he has no end product, I hope Pep brings him up to speed on that but I would rather have Diaby. The loss of KDB[injury]/MAHREZ and GUNDO is easily 50+G/A per season. As for Eze, his a nice tidy player, but I did not think we would be paying 90M+ for him, I did not even see him as a suit for us. So is Eze the BIG signing we are waiting for? Damn, that is sad!

Yes splashing millions on big star names really worked for PSG didn't it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.