It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by tolmie's hairdoo, 10 May 2019.

1. citizen_maine

citizen_maine

Couldn't someone be at the bottom end of the single category, but still have scope to improve?

2. Stoned Rose

Stoned Rose

Would certainly give us additional defensive capability.

3. richards30

richards30

If we did sign De Ligt (which I hope we do) surely stones or otamendi would have to go?

4. BlueMoonView

BlueMoonView

Why ?

5. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

I think you're mixing cause and effect here. City are working on a CB signing exactly because Otamendi wants to leave.

6. Centurions

Centurions

Surely it's because Vincent has already left.

BlueMoonView likes this.
  7. richards30

richards30

Because we can drop Fernandinho into CB if Stones, De Ligt, Laporte was injured and we have Garcia? No way we could keep De Ligt, Laporte, stones and otamendi happy with game time

8. BlueMoonView

BlueMoonView

It would be a very similar situation as last year just swapping Kompany for De Ligt, bring Garcia in gradually with Otamendi being the most senior CB then let Ota go next year bringing Garcia up. I think Ferna will swap and change with Rodri no need for him to be CB option.
    Think it would be clever to give Garcia a similar role as Foden had this year.

9. richards30

richards30

Laporte is a number one CB and to be honest if De Ligt came in then them two would be our starters in the big games? Plus maybe it’s only me but I hate the chopping and changing of certain positions every game etc so someone would get pissed off. To be honest nico at his age is the one we should try and move on.

10. BlueMoonView

BlueMoonView

Yeah I agree that if we had to move one it would be Nico, but I don’t think we need to with the amount of games we have, we are guaranteed to get injuries throughout the season so I think they would all get a decent amount of game time without chopping and changing week in week out