It's Quiet.....a new beginning.

Mancini reveals three failed signings which would've won Man City consecutive titles

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/mancini-reveals-three-failed-signings-which-wouldve-won-man-city-consecutive-titles-3967496#.UdmePW39UlE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... dmePW39UlE</a>

In an interview with Corriere dello Sport, Mancini said: “Immediately after we won the championship, I thought that three transfers were important.

“Van Persie? Everyone knew, it was not a mystery. We had an agreement and he knew he would be the man who made a difference.

“But we did not move, as we didn’t move for Daniele de Rossi and Eden Hazard, purchases I said would win titles. It is no coincidence that the title was won by the team that took van Persie.”

neel said:
Mancini reveals three failed signings which would've won Man City consecutive titles

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/mancini-reveals-three-failed-signings-which-wouldve-won-man-city-consecutive-titles-3967496#.UdmePW39UlE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... dmePW39UlE</a>

In an interview with Corriere dello Sport, Mancini said: “Immediately after we won the championship, I thought that three transfers were important.

“Van Persie? Everyone knew, it was not a mystery. We had an agreement and he knew he would be the man who made a difference.

“But we did not move, as we didn’t move for Daniele de Rossi and Eden Hazard, purchases I said would win titles. It is no coincidence that the title was won by the team that took van Persie.”

Not ago at you my good man, but am I the only one sick of reading about Mancini? I was Pro RM tbh but all I read each day is "I wanted..." "We didn't buy..." "Why was I sacked..." Thanks & all that but I don't see the need in him commenting at all?

TexasBlueMoon said:
r.soleofsalford said:
jake28 said:
I can see 4/5 teams challenging in Spain once FFP really kicks in. In Platini and I trust.

hahahaha. FINACIAL, FAIR platini should have his tongue ripped out for abusing the use of those words. and you think whats going on has anything to do with financial fairness.
hahaha

Do you laugh this much in real life too?

yes when i here ridiculous bollox ;-)

Summary of today

Sunday is a relaxing day and with the nice weather Summer has arrived and Murray Mint has won the Tennis, together with the Lions winning it seems everything set up for a great Ashes tour. Footie seems a mile away but with teams reporting for duty tomorrow and with a potential friendly next Sunday to play in SA I was hoping for a little more on the old transfer front.

In terms of films, All quiet on the Western Front springs to mind we are still to some extent after the excitement of the two new arrivals and departure of Tevez maybe at end of the phoney war and the main event is to begin. However the main thread of Negredo seems to have just been endless talk regarding whether he is good enough never seen so many stats :-), but the one snippet from the so called "expert" press is that we should be agreeing a fee this week.

The other main event surrounds Dzeko, will he go, will he stay, will he be better than last year, rages on like a good old artillery barrage. In terms of Barry the old news of staying this year seeing out his contract, then being a pivotal player in establishing NYFC has again come to the notice of the press. They seem to think we would rather do that than see him go elsewhere in prem league.

An old favorite has resurfaced Stevan Jovetic and again opinion divided on his talents along with Pjanic whether he is good enough. As for Pepe the Spanish Press seem to think there has been a reversal in attitude from Ancellotti who not only wants him to stay at Real Madrid but also be Captain, this has gone down well with the posters who think he would have been a loose cannon, but for those who saw his attributes rather than failings disappointment at another quality player who probably not be joining us.

As an aside Real Madrid have been sweeping up the young talent everywhere Illemandi or someone is going there with potentially Alonso going back to Liverpool and Callejon off to Naples. They really do over the top and at them.

Thats about it other than it seems at about this time we get invaded by the rags, so stand to, man the machine guns and let them have it all guns blazing. This summary has been done early to avoid them, pencils up my nose, hanky on my head and on the phone to General Haig as I type.

Take care blues don't forget the aftersun lotion.

PS The Osvaldo thread has kicked off we look as though we are on the verge of signing him.

neel said:

To be fair to Bob he's 1000% right.

Stoned Rose said:
neel said:

Without doubt. It was moronic not to back him when the club were in such a powerful position having won the league.

Rammyblues said:
Summary of today

Sunday is a relaxing day and with the nice weather Summer has arrived and Murray Mint has won the Tennis, together with the Lions winning it seems everything set up for a great Ashes tour. Footie seems a mile away but with teams reporting for duty tomorrow and with a potential friendly next Sunday to play in SA I was hoping for a little more on the old transfer front.

In terms of films, All quiet on the Western Front springs to mind we are still to some extent after the excitement of the two new arrivals and departure of Tevez maybe at end of the phoney war and the main event is to begin. However the main thread of Negredo seems to have just been endless talk regarding whether he is good enough never seen so many stats :-), but the one snippet from the so called "expert" press is that we should be agreeing a fee this week.

The other main event surrounds Dzeko, will he go, will he stay, will he be better than last year, rages on like a good old artillery barrage. In terms of Barry the old news of staying this year seeing out his contract, then being a pivotal player in establishing NYFC has again come to the notice of the press. They seem to think we would rather do that than see him go elsewhere in prem league.

An old favorite has resurfaced Stevan Jovetic and again opinion divided on his talents along with Pjanic whether he is good enough. As for Pepe the Spanish Press seem to think there has been a reversal in attitude from Ancellotti who not only wants him to stay at Real Madrid but also be Captain, this has gone down well with the posters who think he would have been a loose cannon, but for those who saw his attributes rather than failings disappointment at another quality player who probably not be joining us.

As an aside Real Madrid have been sweeping up the young talent everywhere Illemandi or someone is going there with potentially Alonso going back to Liverpool and Callejon off to Naples. They really do over the top and at them.

Thats about it other than it seems at about this time we get invaded by the rags, so stand to, man the machine guns and let them have it all guns blazing. This summary has been done early to avoid them, pencils up my nose, hanky on my head and on the phone to General Haig as I type.

You are quite a legend.

Saif1994 said:
Rammyblues said:
Summary of today

You are quite a legend.

Understatement post of the afternoon. Top marks again Rammy.

adrianr said:
Saif1994 said:
Rammyblues said:
Summary of today

You are quite a legend.

Understatement post of the afternoon. Top marks again Rammy.

Top stuff Ram.

jake28 said:
Stoned Rose said:
neel said:

Without doubt. It was moronic not to back him when the club were in such a powerful position having won the league.
Problem with RVP is that he wanted to get more playing time than we would have been able to provide, United could and we couldn't offload any of our strikers. De Rossi didn't want to leave Roma. With Hazard we didn't want to pay agents fees. Mancini should have better plan B targets than what we ended up with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.