It's Quiet.....a new beginning.

Pigeonho said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Someone fucked up big time last transfer window. Had we signed just Van Persie last season we would have won the league. Had we signed all three we would have won it by 12 points.

This season it's a tentative so far so good but these latest striker rumours don't blow me away.

If we had an agreement in place with Persie and we fucked that up and he went to the rags then that is a shocker even by our standards.

At the risk of being slated there are similarities with the last window and this window. We were led to believe that the same mistakes wouldn't be repeated and that we would be making a big statement, getting players in early and making the football world take notice.

So far though :

We have missed out on top targets (Isco, Cavani etc) just like last year (Hazard, RVP etc).

We have acted early on a couple of squad improvements (Fernandinho, Navas) just like last year (Rodwell)

Now it has gone quiet just like last year (something changed again after all the proclamations??)

We are being linked with second best (Osvaldo etc) just like last year (Garcia, Maicon etc).

I know there is plenty of time yet but it feels like we again had the right intentions but once again things have stalled. This time there will be more teams in the mix for the PL and top 4.
So far, it's absolutely nothing like last window.

right

Th only similarity is that we are not willing to be held to ransom....something that I 100% agree with.

Big Dave Watson said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
NoahCity said:
Problem with RVP is that he wanted to get more playing time than we would have been able to provide, United could and we couldn't offload any of our strikers. De Rossi didn't want to leave Roma. With Hazard we didn't want to pay agents fees. Mancini should have better plan B targets than what we ended up with.

Someone fucked up big time last transfer window. Had we signed just Van Persie last season we would have won the league. Had we signed all three we would have won it by 12 points.

This season it's a tentative so far so good but these latest striker rumours don't blow me away.

If we had an agreement in place with Persie and we fucked that up and he went to the rags then that is a shocker even by our standards.

At the risk of being slated there are similarities with the last window and this window. We were led to believe that the same mistakes wouldn't be repeated and that we would be making a big statement, getting players in early and making the football world take notice.

So far though :

We have missed out on top targets (Isco, Cavani etc) just like last year (Hazard, RVP etc).

We have acted early on a couple of squad improvements (Fernandinho, Navas) just like last year (Rodwell)

Now it has gone quiet just like last year (something changed again after all the proclamations??)

We are being linked with second best (Osvaldo etc) just like last year (Garcia, Maicon etc).

I know there is plenty of time yet but it feels like we again had the right intentions but once again things have stalled. This time there will be more teams in the mix for the PL and top 4.

PS : For the record, I am not flapping, just merely making an observation. I do believe that Pelligrini will get more out of the squad. I also believe that Negredo would be a good signing.

i don't see how we have missed out on the few signings you have mentioned if we believe that we backed out of these deals because of either very high agents fees or asking prices.

damned if we do damned if we don't.....

Big Dave Watson said:
Pigeonho said:
Big Dave Watson said:

So far though :

right

He's absolutely right. You surely aren't comparing fernandinho and Navas with Rodwell and Sinclair?!

Leaving aside any new developments and only going off the latest speculation it seems to me we have three options for up front. I am going to assume that Guidetti stays as either a third or fourth option.

Option 1 Aguero/Dzeko/Negredo

Option 2 Aguero/Dzeko/Osvaldo

Option 3 Aguero/Negredo/Osvaldo

I think option 1 is the more likely, second favorite is option 3 with option 2 being least favorite.

Jnr Kisby said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Pigeonho said:

right

He's absolutely right. You surely aren't comparing fernandinho and Navas with Rodwell and Sinclair?!

I don't think he is going that far but there is no denying the fact it hasn't gone as smoothly as was expected. Blue tinted specs firmly off most will agree.

This window is nothing like last seasons, I was worried about Nasty's age(happy to have been proven wrong and I've ordered a strip with his name on it. My first ever named strip.), was happy with Rodwell, was willing to give Sinclair a chance, even thought he could be our Valencia. Been proven wrong. Ship him out. Never knew much about Garcia, imo he's fucking gash. Keep him as 4th choice centre back if needed but he's not good enough to play for City in the centre of midfield. Knew Maicon was fucking shot to pieces and been proved right. Again. This season Don't know much Fernandinho but from the reviews he'll be perfect. Navas is class and a fucking steal at 15 million. We did the right thing getting shot of Tevez. Negredo's not my ideal signing and hope we don't sell Dzeko for Osvaldo as it's a clear downgrade but we'll be far better than last year.

By Paul Clennam

Manchester City are poised to sign 15-year-old Feyenoord midfielder Rodney Kongolo - touted as the new Patrick Vieira, Goal understands.

Kongolo is expected to travel to Manchester later this week as City attempt to beat off major interest from Liverpool and Chelsea in their bid to sign the Netherlands youth starlet.

Top Premier League clubs have been attracted by the fact any fee could be as low as £500,000 in compensation.

But City hope the appointment of Vieira - Kongolo's idol - as the head of their Elite Development Squad will tip the balance in their favour.

The Premier League runners-up have already recruited "the new Zlatan Ibrahimovich", 15-year-old Swedish striker Zacharias Faour, this summer, while Manu Garcia of Sporting Gijon's youth ranks is also in their sights.

City continue to work on their £100 million Etihad Campus training complex, which is designed to attract and develop the best young talent on the planet and spans two postcodes.

allan harper said:
By Paul Clennam

Manchester City are poised to sign 15-year-old Feyenoord midfielder Rodney Kongolo - touted as the new Patrick Vieira, Goal understands.

Kongolo is expected to travel to Manchester later this week as City attempt to beat off major interest from Liverpool and Chelsea in their bid to sign the Netherlands youth starlet.

Top Premier League clubs have been attracted by the fact any fee could be as low as £500,000 in compensation.

But City hope the appointment of Vieira - Kongolo's idol - as the head of their Elite Development Squad will tip the balance in their favour.

The Premier League runners-up have already recruited "the new Zlatan Ibrahimovich", 15-year-old Swedish striker Zacharias Faour, this summer, while Manu Garcia of Sporting Gijon's youth ranks is also in their sights.

City continue to work on their £100 million Etihad Campus training complex, which is designed to attract and develop the best young talent on the planet and spans two postcodes.

wtf?

We're supposed to make out we're doomed with Soriano and Txiki at the helm, what are you doing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.