It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if we don't use fullbacks? Instead, Sterling and Sane as wingbacks?

Purchases
Laporte
Sanchez
Mbappe
Ederson

Problem solved. Maffeo and Zichenko return as backups for when we want to switch formations.

Aren't Sterling and Sané's attacking talents slightly wasted that far back though, plus they're not exactly tough tacklers. They've pretty much been two of our best attackers this season, they need to be in the oppositions half, running at defenders, not trying to chase down someone else's wingers.

Evening all! Being a lazy bastard who doesn't want to read through all the pages any new juicy info from tolm?
That familiar late summer disillusionment feeling is a good few months off yet so enjoy the frenzy of raised hopes. :-)

I hope one of those is either Alaba or Rose.
All_of_us.gif

If we're spending the sort of money this suggests, does anyone think Alli, Bale and two full backs would improve us more than Sanchez and Mbappe and two full backs?
I doubt Bale will move unless Real wants to get rid. So far there are no indications real wants to get rid. Alli or Mbappe. Being an ageist, I'll always choose the younger. Besides I think Alli is a bit of a dick. But he won't be the first dick I supported. But given a choice, ill take the younger, nicer and seemingly with higher potential Mbappe.

Sanchez, I'm not as crazy about. 28 is 28. We should have gotten him at 25. But if Pep wants him, Pep wants him. Personally, i like our purchases in their early 20s.

Aren't Sterling and Sané's attacking talents slightly wasted that far back though, plus they're not exactly tough tacklers. They've pretty much been two of our best attackers this season, they need to be in the oppositions half, running at defenders, not trying to chase down someone else's wingers.
In a 3-4-3 they both own the flanks. I think both will be great at it. And Gab, Mbappe, Aguero or Sanchez will be very good in the front 3 roles.

I doubt Bale will move unless Real wants to get rid. So far there are no indications real wants to get rid. Alli or Mbappe. Being an ageist, I'll always choose the younger. Besides I think Alli is a bit of a dick. But he won't be the first dick I supported. But given a choice, ill take the younger, nicer and seemingly with higher potential Mbappe.

Sanchez, I'm not as crazy about. 28 is 28. We should have gotten him at 25. But if Pep wants him, Pep wants him. Personally, i like our purchases in their early 20s.

Alli is young too though, and has been one of our main rival's best players this season. Plus he's a different position to Mbappe, I think we need someone to take over Yaya's responsibility of running the midfield, in my opinion Alli would fit the role perefectly, plus losing him would weaken Spurs.

I agree about Sanchez, but he still looks a bloody good player so I'd be happy if we signed him. Not sure why we would need Mbappe as we have Jesus, Sané and Sterling. If we got Sanchez too, plus still have Silva and KDB where will they all play? I hope we keep Aguero too, but with the signings we're linked with I worry his days with us could unfortunately be numbered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.