It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't really matter. they could still qualify through the UEFA cup.

True looks like they will, I think the scum are they team likely to be willing to pay the largest agent fees so really hope they miss out on champions league again, add to that the losses they will get on the shirt deal

I will search for stats that distinguishes better. I know there is a site that shows goals conceded from all the different points. I'm not sure I've seen one that includes shots though. Bit I bet those stats exist.

Would be cool to see a map of where are the successful shots were taken versus unsuccessful.

Last edited:
Precisely, and in my opinion I'd wager the player himself wants that.

The club and he will cut their losses, my friendly wager still stands if anyone wants it; that we'll have a new number one next season.

Do you think we will have a new number 1 or do you think Bravo will leave? Not necessarily the same thing... I personally think he will be here because unless Pep thinks Gunn is ready to be number two we would need to buy two keepers this summer (assuming we don't extend Willy which I don't think we will).

Ter Stegen, who is having a good season at Barca and is considered world class, has conceded 81 goals in 85 games for them. Bravo conceded 44 goals in 75 games.

Sticking just to La Liga, Bravo let in 41 goals in 69 games (.594 goals per game), and kept 39 clean sheets (56.52% of games). Meanwhile, Ter Stegen has conceded
31 goals in 36 games (.861 goals per game) and kept only 15 clean sheets (41.66% of games).

Bravo was a world class keeper by any metric. Why did things go sour at City? A contributing factor has to be his lack of English, as on numerous occasions, including against Hull, he has been found his defense inappropriately positioned for him to deal with threats. The rest is mentality, he needs a break, perhaps a fresh start elsewhere, and a chance to find his old form.

There is a big difference between playing behind Barca and playing behind us. I agree he is a WC keeper but those gaudy stats are much about Barca.

All this talk about Griezman, he's not in the same league as Aguero and I feel it would be a huge mistake by Pep if he see's this as a solution.

Have we finally got him saying libero and trequartarista like a proper internet football hipster?

So pivot is a term out Manager uses right? I don't get the scorn at people who use it. Its a word that has a specific meaning. Am I missing something? Seriously...not having a go.

Aren't Sterling and Sané's attacking talents slightly wasted that far back though, plus they're not exactly tough tacklers. They've pretty much been two of our best attackers this season, they need to be in the oppositions half, running at defenders, not trying to chase down someone else's wingers.

Pep played them there this season and they played as very attacking wingbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.