It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only club in history who demands that kids be as good as the first team pros before playing them, is this version of City. With Chelsea slightly behind.

Most, including the rags, just play them. And it usually helps, whether they make it or not (most don't but one or two excel).And it never harms their chances.

Hopefully Pep can do that next season as his first season was just a hotchpotch & he had no time to work on stuff properly.

If he also falls to the chequebook obsession, like Mancini & Pellegrini, then I'm not really sure what the point was, in getting him. It appeared to be that the club was being setup to play in his style, precisely so he could bring through young players as well as make signings.

I still believe he will but if he doesn't, I'll probably join the armchair crew.

Ok, so you've exaggerated everything I said to make out I've advised to go out and kick / elbow heads all over the show
Im talking gamesmanship, knowing where to make a foul, where to take the opportunity of a yellow and when not to.
Raking your studs down the oppositions ankle is dirty, but they did it 15 mins into the game with the centre half's first tackle of the game
Say what you want, they walked the tight rope and gambled with the refs temper, and it worked. Silva went off and we lost control of the flow of the game

Calling my opinion, which you have weirdly over-egged, bollocks; just screams that you think you're right with no real basis.
The tears shed over some agenda is just pathetic. That ball was bloody close to going out, and I am certain if it was at our end, he would have flagged it out because to him it probably was, the lino is a human

I dont agree the ref cheated this weekend, he was just poor and the game and stage was too big for him

Walker would not get booked with his first challenge, again thats a presumption based on wanting to blame the refs for our flaws and lack of leadership in the side
He would be an excellent signing, prick or not.

Maybe he would, be we pick up as many or more fouls than the oppo every game. We wil not get away with 'bending' the rules. And we were not 'bullied' by Arsenal, we were fouled by them. Mainly because we had the ball. We could of course give them the ball, then perhaps we could bully them ?

Spot on about ages @kenny1312 .

In terms of right-backs, I wouldn't be surprised if we buy big and Maffeo gets another year out on loan. In the meantime, Denayer gets one year to prove he can do it as backup right-back, with possibly chances at centre-back on occasions too. Okay Sunderland have been garbage, but he is a few years older and has some Premiership experience.

In terms of keepers, I wonder if Pickford does happen, maybe Gunn gets a year on loan at Sunderland replacing him? Maybe Bravo and Pickford share the spot this year, which gives Pickford the chance to learn from somebody who is excellent at the footballing side of things. Then at the end of next season, Bravo leaves and Pickford and Gunn fight it out for the number 1 spot.

Personally I'd also like to see Nacho get a year on loan at Bournemouth. Fairly sure he's get a lot of game time and they play decent football, so would give him good experience and let us know if he's up to it.

ha. no worries! i sort of wish i'd never posted anything about anything yesterday as i've had so much stick and so many people calling me a liar that I know how Tolmie and those guys feel!
Thanks for sharing your info
Some of us appreciate your info and opinions

Maybe he would, be we pick up as many or more fouls than the oppo every game. We wil not get away with 'bending' the rules. And we were not 'bullied' by Arsenal, we were fouled by them. Mainly because we had the ball. We could of course give them the ball, then perhaps we could bully them ?

Embarrassing. I expect you hope united will allow us to pass and tap the ball around midfield tomorrow and hope we can engage in a non contact sport and hope to win the 'right' way.
We commit stupid fouls in stupid areas because we are naive. We were mentally pick pocketed by Arsenal on Sunday and your stat clogging just confirms it. How did they win the game then? Do fouls score 2 goals to 1?

I suggest you go watch Netball if it sickens you so much that teams are allowed to touch our players.

Think another problem is we expect these kids to be ready at 18/19 or even 16/17 in Sancho and Fodens case, when the reality is you have to be one of the best in the world at that age to be playing regularly in a top 4 team.
Most players develop a little slower and are ready at around 23/24 after having 100+ games under their belt. Would Silva have been in our 1st team at 18? I personally doubt it but by the time we bought him at 24 he was ready.
Have we got the patience to let these lads develop with us or do we sell with buy back clauses and let them develop elsewhere?

I'm sure City have the patience but the problem is the kids these days don't which is why even if its just the odd 15 minutes in games from the bench it serves a greater purpose. If we don't give them some game time, either at City or out on loan, the odds are we will lose them.

ha. no worries! i sort of wish i'd never posted anything about anything yesterday as i've had so much stick and so many people calling me a liar that I know how Tolmie and those guys feel!
People like you keep this forum alive. This place would be bland without you or tolmie. There are always people crticizing one or other thing. So dont get disappointed. There are 90% or more people like me who appreciate you.
So keep posting the info for us.

There is no B team football anymore so it makes it all the harder for kids to come through a club , it's not a City problem it's a league problem - farming kids out to clubs who play a different system of football with different training techniques will mean more kids falling by the wayside at City, this league will be littered with kids in the years to come who came through City's academy.

It will have to be a leap of faith by Pep if we are to see the likes of Foden, Sancho and Diaz make it in the next two seasons, and to be fair to Pep it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Pep has some of these lads in the squad next season, cup games could be our breeding ground .

I'm sure City have the patience but the problem is the kids these days don't which is why even if its just the odd 15 minutes in games from the bench it serves a greater purpose. If we don't give them some game time, either at City or out on loan, the odds are we will lose them.
I agree we need to get them involved in match day squads and give them a bit of game time but for most players to really develop they need 100+ games. The chances are they're not going to get that at City and finding good loans is hard.
I watch quite a lot of the u18's and personally I'd be happy to go a few seasons without trophies to give the right kids a chance in the 1st team and let them develop. I know that won't be popular view but let's be honest we've not pulled up any trees in the last 3 seasons with the 2nd rate players we've bought in and yet we still struggle to give the kids any game time. I'm not advocating filling the team with kids but surely a couple with potential could have got 25 games behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.