It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I find it fascinating it's the one position we have no credible links to a player in. Would love it to be Fabinho but it feels like he's going to United and that's all i've heard. We're seemingly not in for Bakayoko. Can't see Dortmund selling Weigl, especially if they sell Auba. It's a hard position to fill because of the skill set required.

Any chance we could go for Veratti. His agent made it sound like he might be more open to moving in the near future.

I feel like if we dropped 100 mil on him instead of Mbappe(if that happens) it could have a larger impact on our team.

Seems like we are at least open to dropping unholy amounts of money this summer.

Any chance we could go for Veratti. His agent made it sound like he might be more open to moving in the near future.

I feel like if we dropped 100 mil on him instead of Mbappe(if that happens) it could have a larger impact on our team.

Seems like we are at least open to dropping unholy amounts of money this summer.

He would still need a holder (Thiago Motta did that role at PSG the last couple of seasons) to get the best out of Marco. We need to buy for DM this summer. I reckon next summer we'll go balls deep for a CM. Feel it's unlikely that's a position we will buy for now, at least not until Ilkay's been assessed in pre season.

I agree. I find it fascinating it's the one position we have no credible links to a player in. Would love it to be Fabinho but it feels like he's going to United and that's all i've heard. We're seemingly not in for Bakayoko. Can't see Dortmund selling Weigl, especially if they sell Auba. It's a hard position to fill because of the skill set required.

It's baffling that there's so few links for midfielders when we definitely need a holding midfield to play in the Yaya/ Fernandinho position and probably need another number 8 to cover Silva/ KdB

Sanchez talking to Bayern isn't new information really, though unfortunately some will see this tweet and think Sanchez is off to Munich.

Two things:
1. No source for Chilean players in Europe is as nailed on as Maks Cardenas, who broke Bravo to City last year. He says Sanchez wants City.
2. Remember what @tolmie's hairdoo said? No matter what you may hear between now and the summer, don't give up on Sanchez.

I'd like to add two things to this:

Firstly Alexis would be stupid to not play the field if he wishes to leave Arsenal, he may wish to come here (if true) but he'd be an idiot to not look up other options. Its a long term commitment moving club, much like buying a house you don't buy the first on the market without browsing around.

Secondly, if he indeed wishes to come here this could be the old as time negotiation tactic by his agent to try to get the best deal. The same reason it likely came out about united and Monaco the other day, its a negotiation tactic to drive up prices.

I would rather have Rose. He's a top player.
Grimaldo, Bernat, Theo, maybe even the youth kid at Barca. We need someone who sparkles or has the potential to. Neither Mendy nor Rose fit that :(

But both are upgrades. So I guess beggars can't be choosers :(

The players you mention have nothing to do with PL---just because some of the deals are genuine doesn't mean all of them are--we couldn't sell Bony because we haven't got Romans connections---you really think we go out of our way not to sell our players for as much as we can

You don't think we have excellent connections in China?

It's baffling that there's so few links for midfielders when we definitely need a holding midfield to play in the Yaya/ Fernandinho position and probably need another number 8 to cover Silva/ KdB

This is why we were linked to Isco, who would be absolutely perfect in the role for the foreseeable. Perhaps the best option available.

I wonder if no good DMs are available if we won't do like we did with fullbacks and just rely on what we have? Seems unwise, but Pep is a big fan of Dinho and could keep Garcia around as a fallback.

I'd like to add two things to this:

Firstly Alexis would be stupid to not play the field if he wishes to leave Arsenal, he may wish to come here (if true) but he'd be an idiot to not look up other options. Its a long term commitment moving club, much like buying a house you don't buy the first on the market without browsing around.

Secondly, if he indeed wishes to come here this could be the old as time negotiation tactic by his agent to try to get the best deal. The same reason it likely came out about united and Monaco the other day, its a negotiation tactic to drive up prices.

Alternatively, it's a move by Arsenal who gain the following:
1. Keep their fans pacified by keeping Sanchez to City out of the news.
2. Gauge more money out of City due to "competition" from Bayern.

You don't think we have excellent connections in China?

Not as good as Romans---I can see UEFA closing this loophole if we try to sell 1 of our players for big money---UEFA are probably leaving it open to see if Rags can make money from selling too China

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.