It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grimaldo, Bernat, Theo, maybe even the youth kid at Barca. We need someone who sparkles or has the potential to. Neither Mendy nor Rose fit that :(

But both are upgrades. So I guess beggars can't be choosers :(

What are you talking about? An LB that sparkles?

We need a solid LB that has the legs to get up and down to support defence and attack, an LB who is tactically aware and disciplined, but most of all, an LB that can defend and not make basic errors on a weekly basis.

Give me Rose over anybody you've recommended every day of the week.

Alternatively, it's a move by Arsenal who gain the following:
1. Keep their fans pacified by keeping Sanchez to City out of the news.
2. Gauge more money out of City due to "competition" from Bayern.
That could backfire very badly, Arsenal fans I know were fuming that Nasri and Van Persie weren't sold abroad instead, even though there was never much real competition apart from ourselves and the rags. If there was a concrete rumour of interest from Bayern and they sold him to us...?

What are you talking about? An LB that sparkles?

We need a solid LB that has the legs to get up and down to support defence and attack, an LB who is tactically aware and disciplined, but most of all, an LB that can defend and not make basic errors on a weekly basis.

Give me Rose over anybody you've recommended every day of the week.
Marcelo sparkles. A star at LB. Zaba sparkled at RB.

The qualities you describe are not foreign to the players I've mentioed. But to each his own.

Not as good as Romans---I can see UEFA closing this loophole if we try to sell 1 of our players for big money---UEFA are probably leaving it open to see if Rags can make money from selling too China

I'm sure Khaldoon's contacts in Beijing trumps Roman's comfortably after we sold 13% of CFG to them.

Lol. So let me get this straight.

There's nothing suspicious about these players moving to China for massively inflated fees unless it benefits one of our rivals. That's a solid argument.

By the way, it's been widely reported we had a Chinese buyer for Bony and he just didn't want to go, and we couldn't make him.

Letting us down even when not playing,

We're being linked with some excellent players but hopefully Pep is also going to address the gaping leadership issue we have when Kompany is missing.

We have real problems when things aren't going well, or our rhythm is broken up. Like not winning a prem away game when behind at half time since God knows when.

Our record against the top teams in the last couple of years is as much about our mentality than anything else eg our record at Anfield and Emirates is a joke considering our players. Worse teams than us win there.

You are probably correct. I'm just trying to work through what the club is thinking. Obviously, we aren't buying 2 new right and left backs because we have other wants/needs. The only reason I could think of was his hg status.

It is an absolute mystery. We have to let these players go.

Sounds like Walker is a matter of when not if, so we can tick the RB off. As for the left side, I think it's between Gaya and Mendy, though the former could actually be the better deal when you throw Mangala into the equation. CM is the interesting one, it's evident we want Tielemans, but would he risk coming here at such a young age when he's not guaranteed to start every week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.