It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something i really envy Bayern Munich, normally they get their deal done even before the season is over, and almost always there is no 'rumor' flying around.

That could backfire very badly, Arsenal fans I know were fuming that Nasri and Van Persie weren't sold abroad instead, even though there was never much real competition apart from ourselves and the rags. If there was a concrete rumour of interest from Bayern and they sold him to us...?

Right, but in the case of Nasri and Van Persie, both times Wenger claimed he would let them go on a free rather than sell them to PL rivals, but ended up doing the latter instead.

It's more evidence that Wenger doesn't really have a say in the matter and that Arsenal's board, and ultimately Kroenke, are only interested in their bottom line. I mean, they are one of the richest clubs in the game and could easily pay Sanchez and Ozil what they want to keep them, no?

Sounds like Walker is a matter of when not if, so we can tick the RB off. As for the left side, I think it's between Gaya and Mendy, though the former could actually be the better deal when you throw Mangala into the equation. CM is the interesting one, it's evident we want Tielemans, but would he risk coming here at such a young age when he's not guaranteed to start every week?

I think Jesus was proof that young players can be convinced to come because of the Pep factor if nothing else.

Walker and Sanchez are nailed on, I could see Gaya coming with some sort of deal for Mangala involved, but one things for certain: we are in on at least one Monaco player and if it's not Mbappe, then it's probably Mendy.

Right, but in the case of Nasri and Van Persie, both times Wenger claimed he would let them go on a free rather than sell them to PL rivals, but ended up doing the latter instead.

It's more evidence that Wenger doesn't really have a say in the matter and that Arsenal's board, and ultimately Kroenke, are only interested in their bottom line. I mean, they are one of the richest clubs in the game and could easily pay Sanchez and Ozil what they want to keep them, no?

I think Jesus was proof that young players can be convinced to come because of the Pep factor if nothing else.

Walker and Sanchez are nailed on, I could see Gaya coming with some sort of deal for Mangala involved, but one things for certain: we are in on at least one Monaco player and if it's not Mbappe, then it's probably Mendy.
What makes you say walker and Sanchez are nailed on? Are they done deals?

Sounds like Walker is a matter of when not if, so we can tick the RB off. As for the left side, I think it's between Gaya and Mendy, though the former could actually be the better deal when you throw Mangala into the equation. CM is the interesting one, it's evident we want Tielemans, but would he risk coming here at such a young age when he's not guaranteed to start every week?

I'm a bit skeptical of Gaya, hasn't really impressed me when I've watched him and he didn't even start against Real Madrid last weekend. It's no coincidence that Valencia players tend to struggle when moving to other clubs in recent years (Otamendi, Andre Gomes, Alcacer), their reputation exceeds their ability and it's in no small part thanks to Jorge Mendes' influence in the club, he might not be all of the players' agents but he's working closely with Peter Lim and he has the right contacts to not only raise the players' reputation, but also their value. The reason that Valencia have underperformed so much the last two seasons is that their players just aren't good enough even for them, let alone City or Barcelona.

We really can't afford to fuck around with the leftback position for another season, I'd rather we pay a lot for Mendy and get it right instead of trading Mangala+cash for Gaya and risking that we might need a new leftback again the following summer.

Last edited:
On Isco, all I keep hearing is that he's signing a new deal with Real. He would be absolutely perfect but I don't think it's meant to be.

We really do need someone though, the difference between City with and without Silva is staggering.
I would easily give £50/£60 mill for him he is what the side is screaming out for he would blow the premier league apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.