It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
What conclusion did people come to as to why we wanted rid of Hart?

My own hunch was that he was probably just a big mouth behind the scenes and they used the weaknesses in his game as an excuse to get rid. Pep being such a strong character was happy to take the reaction to it on the chin.

I remember that friendly against Arsenal last summer where Hart kicked it long nearly every single time almost as an act of defiance to Pep - 'I play how I want, and won't be changed'.

Maybe we shouldn't have been too surprised as there were stories Mancini wanted him gone and Pellegrini was all too happy to drop him when his form dipped.

There were also suggestive comments from Ian Cheeseman at one point, who never revealed all, but said something along the lines of 'You wouldn't be complaining about Hart leaving if you knew what I knew'.

intriguing.

The evidence is that Pickford is really good with his feet & Joe is a carthorse.

Just because they are both English doesn't mean they are born clumsy.

PIckford's way better than Hart with his feet and is an excellent shot stopper. Nationality doesn't really come into it IMO. If they were that arsed about his nationality they'd just promote Gunn because he's club trained too.
That's fair enough. I hadn't appreciated the lad was good with his feet as well as being able to stop a shot on target now and again.

What conclusion did people come to as to why we wanted rid of Hart?

My own hunch was that he was probably just a big mouth behind the scenes and they used the weaknesses in his game as an excuse to get rid. Pep being such a strong character was happy to take the reaction to it on the chin.

I remember that friendly against Arsenal last summer where Hart kicked it long nearly every single time almost as an act of defiance to Pep - 'I play how I want, and won't be changed'.

Maybe we shouldn't have been too surprised as there were stories Mancini wanted him gone and Pellegrini was all too happy to drop him when his form dipped.

There were also suggestive comments from Ian Cheeseman at one point, who never revealed all, but said something along the lines of 'You wouldn't be complaining about Hart leaving if you knew what I knew'.

intriguing.

In my opinion Joe is a player who got to a level very quickly, around 23/24 and stopped improving, despite some pretty big, and often exploited flaws in his game, like his passing, and his vulnerability on his left.

The best players in the world never stop improving, Buffon is still working on areas of his game now to compensate for the things he's losing with age, but Hart wasn't even at that level and he stopped. Maybe he just couldn't do it, maybe it was a lack of drive to reach the next level or a personality thing, i don't know, but most other clubs don't need to bring in other number 1 quality goalkeepers in to keep the current #1 on his toes as we heard with Joe.

3 successive managers wanted him gone and eventually one succeeded so there's something there. I genuinely liked him as a City player, but at the end of the day, if he did end up at United if DDG goes, my first reaction would be that they've made a massive downgrade, and that says it all really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.