It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just to recap the last 6 weeks of this thead:

Walker seems to be done, basically an open secret among journalists/agents at this point according to Kristoff Terreur and TH seems pretty confident too.

Sanchez is almost as far along, ITKs say it's done, as does the very reliable Chilean reporter.

Mendy is looking like it could happen, nothing concrete but Tolmie is very confident.

TH was very sure of William Carvalho in March but the rumours have died down, although the Pere Guardiola link seems to add a lot of weight to it.

Kolasinac nobody has a clue about although pretty reliable reports in Germany have us as competing with Arsenal for him.

Isco is probably going to sign a new deal according to reports in Spain and no ITK has heard anything promising.

Fabinho doesn't want to play at RB and seems to be swamp bound no doubt thanks in part to the Mendes connection.

BillyShears says there's solid interest that TH says "can't be ignored" in Pickford who would be a much cheaper alternative to Ederson who the papers are saying might be prohibitively expensive because Benfica only own 50% of him.

Mbappé is going to be really fucking expensive and isn't likely to go unless Sergio bails. TH reckons he's lined up and Pep's worked his magic if Kun does decided to leave though.

I think that pretty much covers the last 471 pages doesn't it?

I still think we're light on central midfield links and possibly a CB, but if we've really already done the leg work for a pair of new fullbacks and Sanchez then we've done enough to massively improve the squad already, to the point where it'd win the league against the current competition in my view, although you never know what other clubs will do in the market.

Walker seems to be done, basically an open secret among journalists/agents at this point according to Kristoff Terreur and TH seems pretty confident too.

Sanchez is almost as far along, ITKs say it's done, as does the very reliable Chilean reporter.

Mendy is looking like it could happen, nothing concrete but Tolmie is very confident.

TH was very sure of William Carvalho in March but the rumours have died down, although the Pere Guardiola link seems to add a lot of weight to it.

Kolasinac nobody has a clue about although pretty reliable reports in Germany have us as competing with Arsenal for him.

Isco is probably going to sign a new deal according to reports in Spain and no ITK has heard anything promising.

Fabinho doesn't want to play at RB and seems to be swamp bound no doubt thanks in part to the Mendes connection.

BillyShears says there's solid interest that TH says "can't be ignored" in Pickford who would be a much cheaper alternative to Ederson who the papers are saying might be prohibitively expensive because Benfica only own 50% of him.

Mbappé is going to be really fucking expensive and isn't likely to go unless Sergio bails. TH reckons he's lined up and Pep's worked his magic if Kun does decided to leave though.

I still think we're light on central midfield links and possibly a CB, but if we've really already done the leg work for a pair of new fullbacks and Sanchez then we've done enough to massively improve the squad already, to the point where it'd win the league against the current competition in my view, although you never know what other clubs will do in the market.

Good Round up Mate. Saved me a ton of reading!!

But ultimately none of us know anything and is all guess work. Makes fun reading on here though. The Mbappe line is funny , so one of the most sought after players in world football is just waiting if Kun is leaving or not haha.

Think you should do a weekly roundup mate!

Decent round up. If I were betting man i'd say Sanchez/Walker are probably the 'most likely' from that list at the moment. Hard not to be confident about Walker when journalists are saying it's common knowledge amongst agents he's joining us.

I think there's A LOT that will be fluid right now because of the competition for players.

Decent round up. If I were betting man i'd say Sanchez/Walker are probably the 'most likely' from that list at the moment. Hard not to be confident about Walker when journalists are saying it's common knowledge amongst agents he's joining us.

I think there's A LOT that will be fluid right now because of the competition for players.

You not concerned with the Bayern links to Sanchez mate?

German media seems to have gone in overdrive regarding those rumours.

You not concerned with the Bayern links to Sanchez mate?

German media seems to have gone in overdrive regarding those rumours.

I said the other day that I didn't think it was possible because they have Coman, Costa, Robben, and Ribery + wanna make room for Brandt. But now Brandt's confirmed that he isn't joining Bayern this summer. So. Yes, that changes the complexion slightly. I don't really 'worry' because ultimately if they take Sanchez they have to sell Costa or Coman and i'd take either as they're both boss.

As I said though, there's a lot that's fluid right now. Situations can and will change on a dime. The interesting thing to keep an eye on is who moves first for a 'big' attacker and when. That'll start the ball rolling. Hopefully it's us and we move fast and decisively for Sanchez.

I said the other day that I didn't think it was possible because they have Coman, Costa, Robben, and Ribery + wanna make room for Brandt. But now Brandt's confirmed that he isn't joining Bayern this summer. So. Yes, that changes the complexion slightly. I don't really 'worry' because ultimately if they take Sanchez they have to sell Costa or Coman and i'd take either as they're both boss.

As I said though, there's a lot that's fluid right now. Situations can and will change on a dime. The interesting thing to keep an eye on is who moves first for a 'big' attacker and when. That'll start the ball rolling. Hopefully it's us and we move fast and decisively for Sanchez.

I just hope we don't buy Coman so Bayern can buy Sanchez? Would rather go big for Sanchez or get costa from Bayern if they get Sanchez

I just hope we don't buy Coman so Bayern can buy Sanchez? Would rather go big for Sanchez or get costa from Bayern if they get Sanchez

I agree.

I think Coman looks too similar to Sane and Sterling and therefore will leave us with pretty much three of the same sort of player.

Sanchez is like a winger version of Tevez and a player who would most certainly give us something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.