It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any updates with Benjamin Henrichs? Seemed like the meetings with his representation were a lot like Gündoğan last summer. Personally I think he'd be great as he can play both RB and LB.
One my favourite players among those linked with us, but seems like Bayern are (unsurprisingly) interested as well:

Edit: Perhaps @Maldeika can add something.

Last edited:
If they are buying him what happens to Kimmich?

Kimmich is a great no. 6. Actually we do not understand the full back plans either - especially as he gets his match time this season in midfield.

As a full back - I do not even think he would be great as a conventional full back - but he could be great as an inverted full back who adds to the midfield, too.

All the rumours... - Bayern in the recent season did not buy the players they were rumoured to get. I do not see Sanchez in Munich as I think that Uli will not want it. The spanish and portuguese speaking group gets too big. It is fine with the ones that adapted fast and speak German now fluently - but it seems to be too convenient for the newer ones to get around without doing... I am not in for too many German players - but I like the mix. There for sure must be some German players and especially some bavarian ones - but the international players usually give the flair. Aren't there some good polish, croatian or french wingers or full backs...

On Friday, a Portuguese newspaper is reporting that an English club managed by a Spanish manager is after a Brazilian player from an Italian side.

But despite all the mess, it turns out that this story is quite reliable, since Brazilian journalist Bruno Andrade from O Jogo is often on the money.

Capturar-12-126x300.jpg
He claims that Pep Guardiola has the Juventus left-back Alex Sandro as a Manchester City priority for the next season, and would be keen on making a heavy investment in him.

Manchester City have already started the negotiations, and would be prepared to spend up to €50m on the 26-year-old as part of the plan to make the squad younger.

Alex Sandro is reportedly aware of Guardiola’s interest, but is trying to keep himself away from the negotiations as he still tries to win three major titles for Juventus this season.

Juventus will make it hard for the player go to Manchester City, and it’s unknown if that amount will be enough to take the player from them, as his contract runs until 2020.

Kimmich is a great no. 6. Actually we do not understand the full back plans either - especially as he gets his match time this season in midfield.

As a full back - I do not even think he would be great as a conventional full back - but he could be great as an inverted full back who adds to the midfield, too.

All the rumours... - Bayern in the recent season did not buy the players they were rumoured to get. I do not see Sanchez in Munich as I think that Uli will not want it. The spanish and portuguese speaking group gets too big. It is fine with the ones that adapted fast and speak German now fluently - but it seems to be too convenient for the newer ones to get around without doing... I am not in for too many German players - but I like the mix. There for sure must be some German players and especially some bavarian ones - but the international players usually give the flair. Aren't there some good polish, croatian or french wingers or full backs...
Cheers. Think Kimmich's stint as RB was just a temporary job, he's a wonderful DM indeed. As for your future fullbacks - some young blood is definitely needed to rotate with Rafinha next season, and considering crazy market prices I see Bayern focusing on getting best German talents from the league even more. That's why I'd take that Henrichs rumours seriously.
Agree on Sanchez, he wouldn't bring enough value for the quoted money.

Any updates with Benjamin Henrichs? Seemed like the meetings with his representation were a lot like Gündoğan last summer. Personally I think he'd be great as he can play both RB and LB.
I'd prefer him to Walker, he's an incredibly technically skilled footballer for a full back from the little I've seen and no slouch when it comes to pace, very similar to the two at Madrid, who set the bar at the moment for the position. He's a project but one that's well worth the risk imo.

I'd prefer him to Walker, he's an incredibly technically skilled footballer for a full back from the little I've seen and no slouch when it comes to pace, very similar to the two at Madrid, who set the bar at the moment for the position. He's a project but one that's well worth the risk imo.
He isn't on Walker level yet, too young, inconsistent and error-prone. You can't start the season with him as a main RB. But he'd be an ideal understudy to rotate with more experienced RB and LB.

He isn't on Walker level yet, too young, inconsistent and error-prone. You can't start the season with him as a main RB. But he'd be an ideal understudy to rotate with more experienced RB and LB.
Yeah that's where we're in a bad spot, if we sign him and Walker and a left back of similar age to Walker somebody will be seriously unhappy in a year or two. Plus we have Maffeo who's a top class right back in the making, if not quite the footballer Henrichs is (better defensively). Shite recruitment and squad management in the full back positions overall, we should be in a position where having these lads in the squad isn't a risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.