It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure to be honest. I'd like to see him given a go. Think it's more likely that Mendes is here to talk Semedo than Mbappe though.

Yeah or Ederson. I really think if we were gonna keep Navas we should give Maffeo a chance. Spending 70 million plus on two rb's seems ostentatious for want of a better word!

Looks more likely that he'll be going back to Sevilla.

Interesting, though it certainly does raise questions as to how they would sign a starting RB (presumably Walker) and squad depth too, unless they bring in someone like Fabinho, primarily now a CM, who is flexible enough to play in the position if required?

On that note, wouldn't it be in the club's interest, given we likely have 6 holes in the squad to fill, to keep the costs down as much as possible? A 1 year Navas extension made sense in that case (though if they could keep Semedo happy, and can afford their other targets, then obviously nobody will complain)

But we won't deal with him so it's irrelevant, bud (:

Just to add, Fabinho is streaking out front in terms of who we want, heard the same weeks ago and it's part of a double from Monaco..

Either Mbappe or Mendy, I reckon.

Lol, I would have missed this if not for some prior posts :)

In the past I'd agree with him but I feel like we're just starting to see some sustained improvements in Nico now, it would be bloody typical to sell him and for him to do brilliantly elsewhere.

Double deal from Monaco you say. I guess Alex Sandro is off.

No idea on Sandro, however, if the walker signing is to be believed, then getting fab means 2 players for 3 positions in a system pep endorses..

At a guess, as @Akiva states above, I'd say the other is Mendy, I just don't think we'll allow ourselves to get burnt on Mbappe, unless he gives a clear indication he'll come!

Mendy isn't a bad choice at LB but isn't a patch on Sandro, so I really, really hope this isn't the case.

Would love B Silva, but don't see his name mentioned enough to think we are interested in him.

£60-£70m for B Silva when we already have Silva, KDB and Gundogan in that position doesn't seem like the smartest budgetary move either...if there even is a budget any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.