It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea on Sandro, however, if the walker signing is to be believed, then getting fab means 2 players for 3 positions in a system pep endorses..

At a guess, as @Akira states above, I'd say the other is Mendy, I just don't think we'll allow ourselves to get burnt on Mbappe, unless he gives a clear indication he'll come!

I've got it on excellent authority that we are currently not going to pursue Mbappe. At least that's what Monaco and Mbappe's family believe. Interest is there but defo not at this summer's prices.

So far it's being reported that Walker is done/close, as is Semedo.

We're definitely going for Sandro according to journo's we know get briefed by the club, but the ITK's say Mendy.

Is this just a case of us making 100% we don't get left up shit creek without a paddle if one of those moves breaks down at some point?

I've got it on excellent authority that we are currently not going to pursue Mbappe. At least that's what Monaco and Mbappe's family believe. Interest is there but defo not at this summer's prices.

It will be very interesting to see if Mbappé signs a new contract this year or if he'll go into next summer with just 12 months left on his deal and go for a much reduced price.

Booooo. ;-)

That said Fabinho is a much higher priority for us when you look at the squad and says we have Sanchez already in the bag as well.

We're definitely going for Sandro according to journo's we know get briefed by the club, but the ITK's say Mendy.

Is this just a case of us making 100% we don't get left up shit creek without a paddle if one of those moves breaks down at some point?

What if it's both?

What if it's both?

Getting Sandro, Mendy, Walker and Semedo?

Seems like overkill, near enough £200m on fullbacks and 2 of them would be unhappy at any one point.

I think we can offer someone like Semedo more than United....but I don't think we can offer it if Kyle Walker signed the week before and Semedo realises he won't be definite first choice.

Same with Mendy.

Way to kill the mood :P

Not that I'm surprised in the slightest, but, again, would the game change if Kun moved on in the summer?

I think it's possible the club don't want to get burned like last summer, where we threw all our eggs into Laporte, Bonucci and Sandro's baskets and ultimately came out with nothing. I think it possibly spooked them a bit.

That said, it's also true that we need squad cover for most (if not all) of the starting XI positions too.

Don't think it makes sense for any party for him to move this summer, especially with a world cup coming up. I'd expect Sergio to do one more season so next summer suits us better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.