It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed that for you.

Seriously, why do so many in here have such a hard on for selling Aguero? Makes no sense whatsoever, plus Pep and Aguero have both denied it's happening. People's obsession with new players might have to take a back seat and maybe just show a bit of loyalty to a club legend and world class striker instead?

Yep; though I'm not questioning anyone's loyalty for believing we should or could sell him, I believe the old adage "a bird in hand is worth two in the bush" applies here. I just can't see the sense in moving him on when he's not the most pressing problem that needs solving, whereas his leaving creates yet another problem. Especially in an environment in which it will be hard to reap the money we think we will for anyone leaving, and everyone we want is going to cost more than we want to pay.

Ederson, Semedo, Sandro, Fabinho, Sanchez and Walker. 250 million. 150 million net spend. Job done.

Reckon that could be pretty close, although I think another centre half is more likely than Semedo. If I was to take a speculative punt on our squad next season/what I'd like to see, I'd go for something like this:

Ederson
Bravo
Gunn
Walker
Kompany
Van Dijk/Bonucci
Otamendi
Stones
Kolarov
Mendy/Sandro
Fabinho
Fernandinho
Toure
Gundogan
Mooy
Silva
De Bruyne
Sterling
Sane
Roberts
Aguero
Jesus
Sanchez

Reckon that could be pretty close, although I think another centre half is more likely than Semedo. If I was to take a speculative punt on our squad next season/what I'd like to see, I'd go for something like this:

Ederson
Bravo
Gunn
Walker
Kompany
Van Dijk/Bonucci
Otamendi
Stones
Kolarov
Mendy/Sandro
Fabinho
Fernandinho
Toure
Gundogan
Mooy
Silva
De Bruyne
Sterling
Sane
Roberts
Aguero
Jesus
Sanchez

I'd be very happy with that squad. Just out of interest, do you think Mooy will come back to City and be involved in the squad? I know you've included him in that list, but has there been any indication that we will be bringing him back?

I dont want to see Gunn as 3rd choice here,he is better than that and deserves a loan,in fact i think he'll demand one.

I'd be very happy with that squad. Just out of interest, do you think Mooy will come back to City and be involved in the squad? I know you've included him in that list, but has there been any indication that we will be bringing him back?

To be honest, I think it's unlikely but with him being classed as homegrown he'd be a useful addition to the squad. Could be a better option than Fernando or Delph?

Yep; though I'm not questioning anyone's loyalty for believing we should or could sell him, I believe the old adage "a bird in hand is worth two in the bush" applies here. I just can't see the sense in moving him on when he's not the most pressing problem that needs solving, whereas his leaving creates yet another problem. Especially in an environment in which it will be hard to reap the money we think we will for anyone leaving, and everyone we want is going to cost more than we want to pay.
It just makes no sense, he's been outstanding the past few games and even when "struggling in the system" has bagged goals all year. I don't know how anyone could even suggest selling him, other than just grass is greener bullshit. It would be like trying to move Spanish Dave to fund a move for Coutinho, you just wouldn't entertain the idea. If Kun was regressing and struggling then maybe, but he's been great. For some reason the fact that he got dropped in favour of Jesus for one game, ever since people have been writing his obituary.

To be honest, I think it's unlikely but with him being classed as homegrown he'd be a useful addition to the squad. Could be a better option than Fernando or Delph?

I didn't realise Mooy counts as homegrown that's a good shout. I actually like Delph, but as harsh as it sounds to have someone that injury prone in the squad is a waste of a place. It's a shame as his attitude seems good and he's done ok in the games he has played. Given the lack of game time for Fernando this season I would expect him to leave. Looks like another busy summer anyway!

I dont want to see Gunn as 3rd choice here,he is better than that and deserves a loan,in fact i think he'll demand one.

I think we'd have to bring in an English keeper as third choice, or promote another kid if that happened. Can't see us wasting a foreign spot on that position.

Ederson
Bravo
Gunn
Walker
Kompany
Van Dijk/Bonucci
Otamendi
Stones
Kolarov
Mendy/Sandro
Fabinho
Fernandinho
Toure
Gundogan
Mooy
Silva
De Bruyne
Sterling
Sane
Roberts
Aguero
Jesus
Sanchez
I'd snach your hand off to have that squad at the start of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.